LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView-ADAM-4000/4100

Hello everyone!!!I'm new here!!!

I'm using LabView 2014 and i want to communicate with an ADAM-4117 and an ADAM-4055.I started the configuration of the 4117 module through ADAM.APAX.NET.utility.I want to make a SCADA application and i don't know how to communicate all these things.I tried MODBUS library but it's still difficult for me. I'm new in LabView and in ADAM modules and if someone can help me step by step,i'll be really happy. Please it's important, because i'm alone and i don't have anyone for help!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,135 Views)

I did a project with ADAM modules like that recently, and I used their simple ASCII protocol instead of modbus.  A very simple ASCII command served to get all the readings.  It was something like the module address plus one character.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,097 Views)

Thank you very much for this information.It was very helpfull.

But I still can't undrstand how after the ascii configuration, I will pass the LabView programm that I made, in the modules.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,027 Views)

Sorry, I don't understand what you just said.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,016 Views)

You should use VISA to send commands to the RS-485 serial bus and get responses for the modules.

Command syntax is simple, check the ADAM 4000 series User Manual.

On the LabVIEW side, you may start with VISA introductory documentation and examples if you never worked with it.

Search "NI-VISA Overview" on the ni site.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 5 of 9
(3,010 Views)

Sorry for that.I am not good with all these.Let me describe what I've done until now.

I did the configuration for the 4117 module.For start, i activated the 0 input and i put there a battery to see Volts. Now I want to make a simple program in LabView to see graphically the Volts. How can I indicate the input into the program?I tried the serial read,write,configure serial port e.t.c. but still I can't understand.I know it's something simple but I can't find it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,007 Views)

Please upload what you did so far. This will help us to understand where you are stuck.

Paolo
-------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,003 Views)

Here is what I've done.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,965 Views)

First: the packet termination character is aCR (ASCII 13) instead of LF (ASCII 10), so you should wire 13 to the termination char input.

Second: remove the Bytes at Port property and wire a large integer (say 100) to the byte count input of VISA Read; the read will terminate as soon as the termination character is received.

Third: obviously, you need to build a proper command string and terminate it with a CR; I can't say nothing about this since in your vi write buffer is empty.

Paolo
-------------------
Message 9 of 9
(2,957 Views)