LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 6 upgrade to Lab View 8 - Import old programs??

I'm looking to bring some of the older programs from Labview 6 over into Labview 8 and was wondering if there was an easy way to import the program.  I tried copying specific .vi's over but the program is quite large and this will take some time.

Anyone know of any tips that can help me in this task.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,232 Views)

Hi Christian, there is a function called mass compile select Tools»Advanced»Mass Compile,

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/654877E62A97B72986256C95006F9B24?OpenDocument

This will upgrade all the files in the directory or library

Message Edited by BeCeGa on 09-14-2006 04:42 PM

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,230 Views)
Thanks for the quick response, problem is that Labview 6 is on one machine and Labview 8 is on another.  I guess I could copy the complete program directory structure to a CD, then bring it over to the Labview 8 machine.  Then do a mass compile.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,222 Views)

Hi Christian, if you have your 2 computers connected in a network and you share a folder you can mass compiles the files directly on the computer with LabVIEW 6. But I guess I they are already in the network you can simply share the folder and copy everything.

Benjamin C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,218 Views)
While this would work, it might be a good idea to keep a separate copy of the original files.

Christian,

If you have a single top level VI, open that and then select File>Save with Options. Then select the Development Distribution option. Do not select the include vi.lib files. This will then create a llb file with all of your VIs in it. You can then copy the llb over to the LabVIEW 8 computer. When the copy is done, you can convert the llb back to a folder of separate VIs with the VI Library Manager. Under LabVIEW 7.x, this is under the Tools menu. I don't know if it's still there with 8.x.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,211 Views)
still there (LV 8.x)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,181 Views)

I think it is now called LLB Manager.

Everything worked fairly well except it is still calling for a file named lvdaq.dll.  Which I don't think exists.

Message Edited by ChristianRoth on 09-18-2006 07:31 PM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,154 Views)
Hi Christian,

have you installed the NI daq drivers, or do you use (probably yes) legacy daq drivers? Because lvdaq.dll is the driver for data acquisition!

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,143 Views)
The NI Daq drivers are installed and I choose not to install the legacy drivers, perhaps I should of?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,130 Views)

Hi Christian, the Legacy drivers is the latest version of the traditional DAQ drivers, the main difference is that it allows you to have traditional DAQ and DAQmx, in the same computer, but you use it as if you were using DAQ drivers, you should install them.

Benjamin C
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,121 Views)