LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 4.1, How to save gaph (front panel) inJPEG, or BMP, or .jpg format?

I would like to save Graphs (Front Panel) in .jpg or BMP, or HTML format file.  I currently use LabView 4.1.

Please help !  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,430 Views)

A stroll down memory lane.  Since this is mostly from (distant) memories no warranty of the following is expressed or implied.  Smiley Wink

Print Screen or Copy/Paste are two alternatives, but perhaps you are thinking of doing this programmatically.  In that case, my first thought is to create a subVI with just the graph (or graphs) you want to export with the look you want.  In the subVI select Operate->Print at Completion (or something like that, my memory is fuzzy).  When you want to export the graph, pass the data to the subVI and call it.  Since you want JPEGs and not printouts you will need to get a virtual printer (ie. PDFCreator/Disteller) and set is as the default printer.  You may still have to babysit (ie. type in filenames, etc.).  You can also set up a printer to Print to File to create postscript files.  Gsview/Ghostscript can convert these to whatever format you want.

Other than that it is either time to step up a version or two (or six), or perhaps export the data into a different graphing program.  I like Gnuplot and the price is right.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,421 Views)

Thanks Darin.K!

I am not sure understanding all you write, but I will try.

My LabView level is just start 🙂

If you have one vi for this, please give me one.

Again, Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,381 Views)