LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2021 CE activation is broken!

Me, like many other it seems, are unable to activate the comunity edition under linux.

I've spent many hours trying to debug the problem and reading other threads but I can't pass the registration phase!

I've installed the rpm first using the sudo sh. /INSTALL, failing that I converted all the rpm in debs and installed them

for f in *.rpm; do fakeroot alien $f ; done
for f in *.deb; do sudo dpkg -i $f ; done

then I fixed wrong pointing libs

sudo ln -s /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2021-64/AppLibs/liblvrtdark.so.21.0.0 /usr/local/lib64/liblvrtdark.so.21.0
sudo ln -s /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2021-64/AppLibs/liblvrt.so.21.0.0 /usr/local/lib64/liblvrt.so.21.0
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib64/LabVIEW-2021-64/libNILVRuntimeManager.so.21.0.0 /usr/local/lib64/libNILVRuntimeManager.so.21.0
sudo ln -s /usr/local/natinst/niPythonInterface/lib64/libniPythonInterface.so.4.0.0 /usr/local/lib64/libniPythonInterface.so.1

then launching labview64 without any errors in the terminal. popup a window to authenticate and this is where I'm stuck! (see image)

Alternatives ways to register seems to be

• use NI License manager but it seems not available in linux!
  • manually enter info in the registration page but since there is no serial number is impossible to register!

This is UNACCEPTABLE the forum is full of message with people having the same problem, you distribute it for free but you can't waste other people time in this way. I see messages of this problem  dated years back and still seems there is no solution to automatically register the community edition.

Ahh before you ask, yes I've tried reinstalling, redownloading, change network, disable adblock, disable firewall and what-not.

If anyone made it on deb based distro let me know!

Thanks

labview_login.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(638 Views)

Ps I've also tried to disable IPV6 on the linux machine but it doesn't make any difference

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(607 Views)