LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2012 Security System Main vi's have error 200559

@alibhatti wrote:

3) I also attached the word document file, so I am getting error of 200559 in probes 3, 4, and 5 using Export Key Press and Voltage vi's in this post.

4)Do you know, how to convert these my attached vi's to 2011, 2010, 2009, or LabVIEW8.5 version. May be, it fix the problem, or if you know some one to get help from or get chance to use ELVIS II board, so let me know .Your help or any one's help is appreciated.

1.  Good.  But I would like to see the inside of that 2nd subVI while it is running with some probes since that is where the error is occurring.

2.  No, you aren't getting the error in the main VI.  You are getting it inside the 2nd Express VI (or yellow subVI after doing the Open Front Panel conversion to a regular subVI).

3.  Since it is happening in the 2nd of the subVI's, that is why I'm concerned about it trying to create a 2nd task/channels just like the first.

4.  I might be able to convert to an older version, but I don't know how those Express VI's will convert since I don't have the Elvis drivers.  I can give it a try once I reboot my PC after working on my own project.  You can try converting them yourself.  Since you have LV12, you just need to do a "Save For Previous Version" from within LV 12 and pick LV 8.

Now my question is, where did these VI's come from?  Did you make them or someone else?  Have they ever worked properly for you without this error message?  I think the source of all this is missing in the story and it might help figure out what is going on.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 37
(1,594 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 37
(1,586 Views)

RavensFan,

I use your LV8 zip, which you convert for my vi's

(1) Using your LV8 zip for my vi's, and running it in LabVIEW8 as it's not opening vi's. I cannot ignore the message as it is keep on coming. You can see in the attached file of page2.

(2)Using your LV8 zip for my vi's, and running it in LabVIEW 2012, this time I get different error such as -200485.

I am thinking and working on this error. If you get something, so let me know.

Other's help is appreciated.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Advice: Some people talk on different issues and abusive against your post because they do not want to help and arguing with you on some other topic. You all will observe and I also observed, so also do not want to mention their name and best way is complaint them to the moderator. If anyone still wants to talk on different issues against the post, other way is to do private message.
~~~Be nice, have faith in ALLAH(God)~~~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 37
(1,567 Views)

1.  You probably don't have DAQmx installed for LV8, that is why you can't find the DAQmx files.  I don't think there is much you can do about that because NI starts dropping support for older LV versions as it upgrades the DAQmx drivers for newer versions.  They only provide support for the 4 most recent versions.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

2.  Different error message, but seems to be basically the same problem.  I don't know if that is progress.

Can you answer the other questions I asked?  (Who created the VI's?  Did it ever work?)

Also a screen shot of the 2nd Express VI after converting to a regular subVI showing probes and highlight execution so we can see exactly which of the functions is raising the error?

Please post your images as .png attachments rather than .docx files.  Many people will not even open Microsoft's proprietary file format to look at your messages.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 37
(1,555 Views)

Any one knows, how to remove this error of 200485, if you see my attached word file.

I will be having my screenshots in word, png or jpg format for your convenience.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Advice: Some people talk on different issues and abusive against your post because they do not want to help and arguing with you on some other topic. You all will observe and I also observed, so also do not want to mention their name and best way is complaint them to the moderator. If anyone still wants to talk on different issues against the post, other way is to do private message.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 37
(1,532 Views)

RavensFan,

It is Version Conversion and I am not making any new phrases for your information

These vi's never work for me when I received from NI application engineer. I am also taking help from NI support, but no success and telling me go to Version Conversion forum or other forums. You convert it to LV8, so I am getting different error than this error of 200485(DAQmx Create Task error). 

Here is the attached file

(1)Getting error of 200485, for probe8, 9, and 10. Probe 8,9, and 10 having same error information in png format. Look at  the attached file

(2)When doing highlight execution, there is no error on the probes. Highlight execution shows  like where wires are moving. Look at the second attached file

From these two png files, Secuirty System Main vi is the main vi which not giving any result because of error 200485 in other sub vi's.

If you have know any thing, let me know as I am working it out too. Other's help is appreciated.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 37
(1,497 Views)

I know the phrase is Version Conversion.  For some reason you decided to keep calling it Inversion Conversion.  That is your phrase you invented.  See the difference?

Do you have any versions of LabVIEW between LV 8 and LV 2012?  I told you why it won't work in LV8.  Not that the VI's will or won't work, I don't know, but because when you install DAQmx drivers in LV 2012, they are a version that can't be installed into LV8.  (See the compatibility link I attached.)

My understanding is that the VI's were originally created in LV 8.5 and that someone also had them tested in LV8.6.  Whether they still work in LV 2009 or later is uncertain at the moment.  If you can try testing in LV8.5 or 8.6, that might help.  But you would probably need to install that on a different PC so that you can install an older version of DAQmx that will support the older LV version.

You've posted more screenshots, but they are more of the same.  You are not listening to what I am asking for.  We know that the 2nd Express VI gives an error.  Showing more screenshots of those probes in that VI doesn't tell us anything.  Something is going wroing INSIDE of that Express VI.  That is why I said convert it to a regular subVI.  Open up that subVI.  Put the probes in there at various points, then run it.  The Express VI encapsulates several different operations.  It would be useful to know precisely which one of those functions is generating the error.  It might be the Create Channel (my guess), the DAQmx Read, or even the DAQmx clear task.

But your 2nd screenshot, you are saying that you are not getting an Error if you run Highlight Execution?  Please confirm that.  That is a key useful piece of information.  Code that works with highlight execution on but not with it off implies either a race condition (which I don't see here) or a timing issue.  Now I'm wondering if the Express VI's (which create, Read, and clear each time they are called) are the culprit.  Perhaps when the 2nd Express VI starts executing and creating the task, the device isn't quite ready for it and is throwing an error (though what seems like an incorrect error.  Did you ever confirm you have the latest Elvis drivers installed?)

I really think if you got rid of the Express VI's and started using the real DAQmx functions, your problems would go away.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 37
(1,463 Views)

Ravensfan,

I also know the phrase is Version Conversion. Now, you decided and planned to say it wrongly as Inversion Conversion. You invented it now. See the difference.

(1) I am listening to you, but you are not understanding my point. I show you the probes from the Export Press Key and Voltage vi, as this is the sub vi for the Security System Main vi. 

(2)I do not have versions between LV8 and LV 2012, but if some one can convert my vi's to LV 2009, 2010, or 2011 software version,so I can get LV 2009, 2010 or 2011 software version from some one.

(3)I also tried using LV8.5, but there was a same error coming like LV8.0 which I told you in previous post. I also attacjhed word file for that in previous post.

(4)I checked the drivers of ELVIS and they are latest.

(5)I think that there is something wrong inside of the express vi and I don't how to get rid of the express vi's, so start using real DAQmx functions.

Lot of confusion going with this vi, so how to handle it. I think, we need to concentrate on (5), and think which LabVIEW version to be used. This way, we go to the right track. Let me know, if you get something.

Other's help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 37
(1,453 Views)

First, the stupid phrase. I did not invent it.  You used it in your original version conversion request.  Once in message 16 and 4 times in message 18.  If you invent phrases that make no sense, it doesn't help people think you know what you are talking about.

1.  You are still not listening.  I don't want the error as it comes out of the Express VI.  I want to see the errors that exist inside that subVI.

2. There is no point asking for any version between LV 8 and LV 12 if you don't have any of those versions to run it on.  If you need a version in between once you do have the LV version in between, then you already have the LV8 version, or you can create it yourself using your LV 12.

3.  How can you have tried LV 8.5.  You just said you don't have any LV versions between 8 and 12.  You are contradicting yourself.

4.  Good.

5.  Take tutorials.  There are examples of DAQmx in the example finder.  Start learning.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 37
(1,430 Views)

I said too many times as Version Conversion. You invent the stupid phrase and this does not make sense to people. You keep on talking on this and I am not interest to talk on this.

1)You still not listening. This is the only error, I am getting it of 200485 which I used your LV8 converted vi files. As, I showed you in .png and jpg format. Do you have ELVIS II hardware, so you will know that these errors I am getting. If you have NI ELVIS II, so send the screenshot of errors you are talking about.

2) That's what I was asking, if I installed LV 2009 2010, or 2011, will the LV8 vi file you converted, works on it or not.

3)Yes, I have tried LV8.5. i also said that I do not have LV 2009, 2010, and 2011. I am not contradicting and may read my comments that I said and tried LV8.5, but getting same error as LV8. I speak honestly. 

4)Thanks!

5)Which example finder, and any link you send me will be appreciated.

Today, I have recently intsalled LabVIEW 2010, and I will have to check it in the lab to see whether LV8 files which you converted works on it or not.

We have to help each other related to this post and we don't have to talk on other discussion.  Other's help is appreciated to get remove the error of 200485.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 37
(1,422 Views)