LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2012 Security System Main vi's have error 200559

The vi's give errors of 200559 in my LabView 2012 and NI application engineer "John Staskal" told me as "Another good step 
is to recreate the VI in your current version of LabVIEW so that you know the error is not caused by upgrading the VI to a newer version of LabVIEW." I did all that, but not resolved.

Their application engineer John Staskal also told me as "In addition to working to resolve the error you may want to pursue is posting on our upgrade forum and asking the community to convert the VI to a current 
version of LabVIEW.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion".

I did all trouble shooting steps such as highlight execution, probes, etc as what their application engineer told me and still having error of 200559 in LabView 2012.

I  appreciate help from any one.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Advice: Some people talk on different issues and abusive against your post because they do not want to help and arguing with you on some other topic. You all will observe and I also observed, so also do not want to mention their name and best way is complaint them to the moderator. If anyone still wants to talk on different issues against the post, other way is to do private message.
~~~Be nice, have faith in ALLAH(God)~~~
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(3,839 Views)

For those who want more context to this issue, see here:http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/Security-System-Main-Vi-s-project-in-zip-file-not-working...

Since it is not a conversion request, the discussion really should be here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(3,819 Views)

Crossrulz, if you have solution to my question, as you said you do not have NI ELVIS II board and software to check my vi's, As, I do not see any solution from you.

Help from every one who knows it. Whether through this forum using troubleshooting way or  or any one can do by version conversion way in version conversion forum, so it's not a problem for me and all I need to get rid of error 200559 to run it in LabVIEW 2012. Appreciate every one's help.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

Advice: Some people talk on different issues and abusive against your post because they do not want to help and arguing with you on some other topic. You all will observe and I also observed, so also do not want to mention their name and best way is complaint them to the moderator. If anyone still wants to talk on different issues against the post, other way is to do private message.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(3,815 Views)

Hi there,

Noticed the description from the error message...as mentioned, you need to create one task for each channel type. I can see that you are mixing a Digital Output with an analog output (voltage) task.

Simply create a separate assistant for the different tasks and if you are planning to mix them I recommend looking at the related links section from Document ID: 32JEOHW0.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(3,714 Views)

The link you send me do not look helpful. Is there any other help or any one fix the error of 200559 using my attached vi's in this forum. Any screenshot or vi's for removing the error of 200559 would be appreciated.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(3,708 Views)

My vi's giving error of 200559. This is the information of software and hardware

(1)LabVIEW 2012 
(2)NI-DAQmx Device Driver    9.6.2f0
(3)NI ELVISmx                              4.3.1f3

Any one's help would be appreciated.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(3,656 Views)

There is something very odd about your error.

Explain error for  -200559 says "Task cannot contain a channel with the specified channel type, because the task already contains channels with a different channel type."  Your word doc screen shot shows more specifically that it is expecting an analog channel while you are feeding it a digital channel.  Searching through your code so far, I don't see anything but digital channels being called, so I don't know why it is confused.  Could there be anywhere in your code that tries to call an analog channel on that device?

I don't have an Elvis, I can't run your code, so I can't solve your problem.  I can only comment on what I see and give some ideas on how to troubleshoot.

1.  It uses Express VI's for the Elvis.  I right clicked and picked Open Front Panel to convert them to normal subVI's I could look in. Nothing looked strange to me there.  I suggest you do the same while running.  It will give you a chance to probe into them and use highlight execution to maybe see where and why an error might be occurring.

2.  Are you sure the Elvis drivers are up-to-date.  Always possible there is some bug that might be fixed in a a later version.

3.  I don't know how Elvis devices get installed.  I see it uses the I/O control to define the device.  Does this show up in Measurement and Automation Explorer?  If so, I would try some troubleshooting with that.  See if you can create an execute tasks within MAX to test it out.  Do you need to do any special configuration in there to define the digital input vs. digital output channels?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(3,638 Views)

RavensFan,

I did all these things such as troubleshooting steps like probe and highlight execution.Drivers are up to date.

I still confused, how to remove this error of 200559. If you get any solution, so let me know.

Your help is appreciated.

Ali Tariq Bhatti

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(3,633 Views)

Did you open up the front panel of the Express VI's and probe into them?  One of those are causing the problem.  Looking at the underlying code would help you figure out what is going wrong and then maybe figure out a solution.

Do you need to use the express VI's?  They appear to use underlying DAQmx functions.  I would try to write the code using real DAQmx functions instead of express VI's.  One thing I see in them that concerns me is that they have have an early case structure in each of those that on first calls creates the channel.  Since each express VI is a separate reentrant VI, each one of those will execute the first call and thus create the channel.  I can only guess this is not a good thing since the channel was already created and used in the previous Express VI.  (I can't look at them right now to see if they cleared the task and it wouldn't be a problem.)

Either way, Express VI's are a quick way to get something up and running, but they aren't as flexible.  It would be worthwhile to use the actual DAQmx functions to create the tasks and channels once at the beginning of code, do reads and writes in the loop continuously, and only clear the task after the loop is done.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(3,627 Views)

3) I also attached the word document file, so I am getting error of 200559 in probes 3, 4, and 5 using Export Key Press and Voltage vi's in this post.

4)Do you know, how to convert these my attached vi's to 2011, 2010, 2009, or LabVIEW8.5 version. May be, it fix the problem, or if you know some one to get help from or get chance to use ELVIS II board, so let me know .Your help or any one's help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(3,615 Views)