LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2012 32-bit, creating an installer to run on Windows 7 64-bit

I've tried several differant small projects, and I'm still getting the same error.

To recap: 

-  I have a Windows XP 64-bit machine with the full LabView 32-bit program installed.

-  I open a project, and create an installer for that project.

-  I copy the new install files over to a Windows 7, 64-bit laptop using a USB stick.

-  When I try to run the Setup.exe I get the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running.  Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

-  I have installed the LabView runtime engine on both the PC, and the laptop.

Thanks for the help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,161 Views)

Also, the project builds fine, and runs on the Windows XP pc without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,160 Views)

Sebastian2011 wrote:

-  I have a Windows XP 64-bit machine with the full LabView 32-bit program installed.

OK, this is the first time you say that you have 64bit Windows XP. That really was an OS that was not really ready for prime time, because of lack of driver support. Is this really what you have?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,151 Views)

Unfortunately Windows XP 64-bit is not a supported OS for LabVIEW 2012 (See the readme). That being said, I don't really see why it would be failing. As mentioned before, are you including any drivers in your installer? Perhaps an easier question is - what is being included in the installer? (include versions please)

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,141 Views)

I'm sorry.  That was a typo.

-  I have a Windows XP 32-bit machine with the full LabView 32-bit program installed.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,140 Views)

@Sebastian2011 wrote:

I'm sorry.  That was a typo.

-  I have a Windows XP 32-bit machine with the full LabView 32-bit program installed.

As mentioned before, I'd check to see if you are trying to load any drivers.  I believe they will be 32 bit versions of the drivers and will probably give you the errors that you've seen, as 32 bit drivers cannot be used with a 64 bit machine.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 16 of 18
(1,123 Views)

In the support files directory the only dll is see is customResource0009.dll

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,080 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

Can you make a sample installer and post it so that I can check it on my end and see if I experience the same issue?

Regards 

Arham H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,060 Views)