From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView 2011 Crashes After Long-term Run

Hello,

I have a system that is running on LabView 2011 (11.0.1f2 32-bit), and it has crashed three times in the last two weeks whenever it ran for extended periods of time.

I have attached the dump file and am wondering if anyone can help me track down the source of the problem?

Thanks,

4Strings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,783 Views)

You have an access violation in there (0xC0000005), so it seems like you're indexing outside the program area or deleting some references. Cant see much more than that, but i'm no expert.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,762 Views)

Thanks! What exactly does that mean though?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,759 Views)

It basically mean your program is trying to access memory it's not allowed to, typically other programs memory space or the OS's. One typical way this can happen is if a reference gets cleared, thus being 0 and you try to read/write from that address. Are you using .net components? Are you losing some reference? 

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,754 Views)

As far as I can tell, the only things in the VI that are calling to something outside the VI are Write To Spreadsheet and SMTP Send Mail Message. I know for a fact the Send Mail Message hasn't been triggered during the runtime, but the write to spreadsheet logs data values to an .xls file continually.

-4S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,749 Views)

Crashing after a long run could indicate a memory leak. If you monitor your memory usage in task manager do you see it steadily increasing over time ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,742 Views)

I'll have to check that. System is not at my current location...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,740 Views)

If you're in a loop and are continually opening a reference without a corresponding close you could see this type of problem..

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/92DA0AC17D7DC09586256B36007E8B51

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,736 Views)