From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW (which is a programming IDE) with STM32 (which is a microprocessor)

I’m not selling LabVIEW nor am I employed by NI at this time. I used to work in NI technical support, but that is now 25 years ago. As far as LabVIEW is concerned I’m since that time simply an ordinary user of it just like you and most anyone on this forum. 
If I had to decide about where to head with LabVIEW development, STM32 support would however not even be on the list. It’s in my opinion a useless exercise to try to compete with dedicated embedded development tools who have themselves a hard time to stay relevant in times of Arduino clones being sold for less than what it would cost us to buy the parts alone.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,074 Views)

Dear Rolf,

Because of those who think like you, NI was unable to sell Labview software, which is the world's best IDE program, and very expensive hardwares, and had to close all its offices around the world a few years ago. Moreover, the offices that were closed were those with less than 100 employees, and tens, hundreds, and even thousands people were unemployed around the world.

In addition, having all kinds of hardware and software support to strengthen your hand in the market means an increase in sales. Furthermore a good sales team pays company salaries but a good tech support team cannot pay salaries.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,055 Views)

I’m not really sure what you tried to say. But I congratulate you on your new company. As you know exactly how it needs to all be done, you will be replacing NI in no time with more and better products in the market.Good luck!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 13 of 13
(1,030 Views)