cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW vs Teststand

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I been using the LabVIEW for the past two users in Machine Vision Application Development. I have the following questions on my mind,

1. I would like to know what is test stand.

2. Where it can actually used.

3. Is vision development can be done using that. 

4. What is advantage of this over LabVIEW..

Waiting for replies...

Thanks.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Silver_Shaper

Hi,

TestStand is a test sequencer whose engine is accessible via a powerful API, thus you can execute and manage TestStand sequences (*.seq files) from many different programming languages and development environment.

Basically, you will create (or use) your own operator interface to execute or edit your sequences, these sequences are made of different steps that consist in calling external component like VI made in LabVIEW, DLL made with LabWindows/CVI or Visual Studio and even .NET Assemblies. All these external components may execute some routines that will affect hardware (for example checking if a DC motor will move according to the set point you set).

You can then check if the tests pass of fail and then automatically edit a report.

You cannot compare LabVIEW and TestStand, they are not made for the same purposes. You can see LabVIEW as an "add on" for TestStand in a way...

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,467 Views)

All you had to do was go to the main NI site and you would have quickly found the main TestStand page. Read what is there and your questions should be answered. You should find out that questions 3 and 4 do not make any sense.

Message 3 of 4
(2,465 Views)

Hi Dennis and Brian

Thanks for your reply.. Figured out a bit.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,448 Views)