From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW v2015 to v2014

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'am currently using LabVIEW v2015, but I want to save my .vi to LabVIEW 2014 version so i can run the executable application to other PC's that has only LabVIEW 2014 version.

is that possible? if yes please teach me.

Thank you in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,485 Views)

Hello

Yes in Block diagram go to files and click save for previous version and select labview version 2014.

Please Mark the solution as accepted if your problem is solved and donate kudoes :smileyhappy:

Regards

Sagar S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,479 Views)

Your question is not clear because you talk about "VIs", but also about "built executable application".

You can "save for previous" but that has nothing to do with built executable. If the other computer has full LabVIEW 2014, it will be able top open these downconverted VIs.

You cannot use LabVIEW 2015 to build a LabVIEW 2014 standalone executable. You can install the LabVIEW 2015 run time engine on the other computer, though.

Is this just a plain LabVIEW application or does it include drivers and such?

We need more details to give better advice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,475 Views)

Disregard the executable application that is said earlier. that's my mistake sorry.

all i want to do is to save my .vi in 2014 version.

i tried to use "save for previous" but this error occurs. i tried to check  what the error said and i did not violate any of those.

adadasdasada.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,470 Views)

disregard the executable application that i have said.

i just want to save my .vi in 2014 version.

i tried to use "save for previous" but this error occurred. i have tried to check it and im all good but still this problem.

adadasdasada.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1der-er

Is the VI file set to Read Only?  Is the VI password protected?  Are you trying to save to a folder that you do not have write access to?

If you just post the VI, I can try to convert it for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,437 Views)

Hi,

I'd recommend posting your VI to the Version Conversion forum if you're experiencing issues: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion .

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,404 Views)