Best Holger 

Message 411 of 732
(1,917 Views)

HB@BNT wrote:

https://labviewjobs.de/

It was not always empty. 

Hmm...

Best Holger 

Seems the site is "under maintenance" since at least 25th of september 2021. 

Source: wayback machine

Message 412 of 732
(1,888 Views)

On LabVIEW for Linux there is no license management.

Maybe this is all a plan from NI to make us switch to Linux.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 413 of 732
(1,875 Views)

I think Test WorkFlow is an interesting initiative. And if NI would have added that option as a subscription only release, kept the perpetual license for LabVIEW as an option in addition to the subscription model, we could have us all saved several threads with 100ds of reactions and a lot of consternation and upset feelings. Of course someone might have moaned that this new offering is not available as a perpetual option but that would be simply an isolated reaction that most would just have shrugged off as being to demanding.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 414 of 732
(1,854 Views)
Still nobody from NI here... And revenue remains stable... https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NATI/financials?p=NATI 1/3 of the customers now paying 3x the price?
---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
Message 415 of 732
(1,844 Views)
Don't check earnings.. those are dropping fast..(forum website seems to malfunction at this time.. two posts for that reason)
---

25+ years long fan of LabVIEW. Be aware that NI changed their business model with great impact .
Message 416 of 732
(1,837 Views)

Not sure I would call an increase of 14 procent for FY 2021 compared to FY 2020, or still 8% increase when comparing to FY 2019 stable. It's not the 15 to 20% that NI used to have 15 years ago, but still.

And you forget that a significant part of that revenue is not done by selling LabVIEW and pesky DAQ boxes anymore, but by selling complete test systems by a dozen a time to big corporations. So the truth is that LabVIEW sales have minimal impact on that revenue (and in fact always did for the last 30 years).

LabVIEW never was a cash cow for NI but a tool to sell their DAQ and instrument control hardware on which they made big profits. With these things having been delegated into second class citizen in the NI universe after the new test system division, LabVIEW importance has similarly diminished for the big corporate NI politics.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 417 of 732
(1,826 Views)
I am an electronics engineer, not an accountant. 10% percent more or less is stable for me 😉 Never checked the NI financial details before but did get the feeling that they make most money from big companies (that are not present in this thread?). As long as stock remains high, don’t think much response is coming. However I am afraid that without LabView all else will drop. Again not an accountant, but vaguely recall that EBIT is an important number. There is some raise in this Q4/21 46M$ en significant drop in Q2/22 20M$. Last time buy? I would expect financials to trail actual situation. anyone here that has 2 cent’s on this?
---

Message 418 of 732
(1,818 Views)

As long as the expenses don't grow disproportionally, 10% revenue increase per year is a number that many many companies would love to have! More than 10% is generally a real challenge to manage for a longer period as the constant effort to find new people, increase office and manufacturing space and simply keeping the whole business together gets rather difficult to manage. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 419 of 732
(1,805 Views)

@beuvink wrote:
However I am afraid that without LabView all else will drop.

Without tight integration with LabVIEW, what is the excuse to buy expensive NI hardware?

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
Message 420 of 732
(1,704 Views)