LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW "Base' vs. "Professional"

Maybe there is a VI analyzer task to identify base/full requirements? If not, maybe it could be written.... 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(848 Views)
In my humble opinion, purchasing the base version seldom makes any sense. If the colleague cannot his company to pay for the full version, perhaps you should just pay for someone to build an exe.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(840 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
perhaps you should just pay for someone to build an exe.

The academic version can build executables. The stumbling block seems to be some incompatibility.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(824 Views)

I might just chime in too.

Let me preface this with a disclaimer:  I am a Certified LabVIEW Consultant and a NI Alliance Partner.  This is not a solicitation.  (I really am fairly busy at the moment)

Now, this is my opinion:  LabVIEW Full, Pro, Base are nice things to have for a hobbiest.  That is right, I said "Hobbiest!"   Adding a Developer Suite license or a Software Reference Library License Lease brings in some tools that will pay for themselves the first time you deploy version 1.0.1.0 of your code.  Desktop Execution Trace TK, VI Analizer, Unit Test Framework, Source Code Control, Remote debugging and the SSP upgrade for both phone support and online training are the examples that I would point out really make a diffierence to your customers (and your profitability.)  "Skimping" by intentionally hamstringing your code to fit within a "Base" IDE is just not sustainable in the long term. You will wind up generating second rate code with limited deployment support.  (Just my opinion)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(822 Views)
You're right. I was thinking of the student version.

However, the link discussing the incompatibility is an old one and does not refer to the current version. The latest post in that link is from someone reporting success so maybe the bug is fixed and the op needs to upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(818 Views)