LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW pauses during acquisition

Well, I feel a bit foolish again.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem here is not with the written program but with either windows or the laptop itself.

In a fit of inspiration I decided to try "turning it off and on again" and also "unplugging something and plugging it back in."

The problem vanished. 

I really wanted to know what was causing it so I started thinking about the various pieces of software I was using. I started MS Excel and ran my code again and the error reappeared, this time at 0.xxx seconds (repeating). 

Even closing Excel the error persists, exactly every 10 seconds the VI pauses (freezes?) without throwing an error.

So the question here are, is Excel using a particular resource I need every 10 seconds or is the machine underpowered and Excel draws just enough to affect the performance?

Tried a few iterations of restarts and on one iteration I got the error to repeat at a higher than usual data rate without star9ting Excel (200k). On this particular iteration the error appeared when something started running in the background though, everything was running fine and the machines internal fan kicked on Labview stuttered for a couple of seconds and then the error started up (~ at 6.xxx seconds this time). Dropping the data rate to 100k and everything was fine. Started Excel and I got the error like usual at the same ~6.xxx seconds as when the 200k fan error just started.

So it appears that some resource hog on the machine is causing this.

I have the overpowering urge to format this machine!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(272 Views)