LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW only crash on my computer after Tree operation

Hi All,

I started with the example as shown in attachment and implement my code. But I found LabVIEW crashed (see attachment2) ONLY on my computer after I performed operation of delete 6 steps (children).
LabVIEW can no display Tree and the Menu on every window messed up. I can repeat the failure.

I tested exact same code on the other two computer and no problem at all.

Maybe some files broken on my computer and I have to re-install LabVIEW ?
What should I be carefull with when re-install ?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,319 Views)
Hi vcxo,

I have a few questions for you before you try to reinstall.  Answers to these questions may just help us narrow down the issue

When you say LabVIEW "crashed" and the menus and windows are "messed up" can you be more specific?  Are there any error messages that pop up?
What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Are the three computers different in any way (operating system, LabVIEW version, etc..)?

Finally, can you recreate this issue with just the example VI, without any of your added code?

Thanks!
Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,279 Views)
That doesn't look like a crash to me. That looks like a redrawing issue problem. I agree that your descriptions are a bit confusing, especially the bit "LabVIEW can no display Tree and the Menu on every window messed up.".

Can you please clarify your situation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,274 Views)
Hi Brian,

When you say LabVIEW "crashed" and the menus and windows are "messed up" can you be more specific? The menu bar is messed up (see attached). The blue bar and LabVIEW logo is gone. I have to restart LabVIEW to recover.
Are there any error messages that pop up?
  No.

What version of LabVIEW are you using? 
Are the three computers different in any way (operating system, LabVIEW version, etc..)?  No.

Finally, can you recreate this issue with just the example VI, without any of your added code?
No. I guess my code somehow hit the window drawing defect which only on my computer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,259 Views)
Hi vcxo,

Thanks for the answers!  If the issue is narrowed down to a single VI, go ahead and post it so we can take a look.  I'm not too optimistic since you say your VI works fine on 2 other identical computers, but if we can recreate the issue then we may be able to get to the bottom of this.  And if you can think of any differences between your computer and these other 2, let us know.

Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,231 Views)