From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW on latest smartphones

Is it possible to develop LabVIEW applications for the latest Windows smartphones?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,269 Views)

No! And to me it's at least questionable if NI will go and port the LabVIEW Mobile Toolkit to work for Windows Phone 8. You should not forget that Windows Phone and Windows Desktop while growing together on API level work in fact on all phones so far on entirely different CPU architectures. So it's not like making a few minor changes to LabVIEW to work for Windows 8 will do the job.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,241 Views)

PC's and mobile technologies are merging.  NI will need to expand LabVIEW into these areas.  Customers are asking for this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,228 Views)

Customers ask for the darngdest things, it doesn't mean NI needs to go around wasting R&D time and money chasing shadows.

In 3-4 years, Windows mobile 8 will be long and gone.

Not a solid business model for NI.

Just my 2c.

Shane.

Message 4 of 7
(5,226 Views)

Unlikely that NI will have LabVIEW for smartphones.  The darn block diagram will be so small.. 😉

However, if you want to remotely control a PC running LabVIEW using your smartphone, then why not use the internet browser as a remote panel?

Message 5 of 7
(5,218 Views)

It seems i-mate is launching a smartphone with Win 8 pro for 750$. If it had an HDMI output,then I believe its time to replace the laptop with this smart phone . Please check the links below :

http://techreport.com/news/24419/redmond-firm-developing-windows-8-pro-smartphone.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/systems/52197-intel-powered-i-mate-smartphone-runs-windows-8-pro/

I am looking forward to buy this when available. Any comments ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,757 Views)