From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW on Chromebook ? (Google's $200 Linux laptop)

Has anyone got the LabVIEW for Linux development environment working on Chromebook ?  How about merely with a Application builder built LabVIEW app and LabVIEW run time engine ?  If not, how about with the Chromebook OS converted to Ubuntu ?  If yes to any of the above four questions, what version of labview (or labview run time) and which of the three (so far) Chromebooks ?  Thnx in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,175 Views)
I have no idea about the answer, but if it could that would be sooooooo cool.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,154 Views)

First you have to consider the hardware itself. All except the Samsung Series 3 Chromebook are based on Celeron or Atom CPUs, so they are x86 compatible and the first hurdle is done. The Series 3 Chrombook uses a Samsung Equinox CPU which is to my knowledge NOT x86 compatible but rather some ARM based architechture, and will definitely not be able to run a LabVIEW executable.

Now while Chomium probably inherits quite a few Linux features, it is definitely not Linux and therefore I'm pretty sure, there is no way of getting a LabVIEW executable to run on Chromium, and even less so the development environment. If you convert the Celeron/Atom based Chromebooks successfully to Ubuntu, there should be a good chance to get it working, although Ubuntu is not an officially supported LabVIEW platform and you should expect some installations hassles, and be familiar with Linux RPM installation issues on Debian based systems.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,127 Views)