LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW on Atomic Pi SBC

Hello,

Has anyone tried installing LabView on the new Atomic Pi SBC?

https://dlidirect.com/products/atomic-pi

• Genuine Intel Atom x5-Z8350 quad core with 2M Cache. Runs up to 1.92GHz with a 480MHz GPU.  Eats RPi for dessert.  Beats some desktops.  
  • Loaded with memory: 2GB DDR3L-1600, 16GB eMMC, SD slot for adding more - up to 256GB
  • Full HDMI port with Intel HD Graphics & primary audio out
  • USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports
  • Fast dual band WiFI b/g/n/ac 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi RT5572 IPX connectors on board
  • Bluetooth 4.0 CR8510 
  • Gigabit hardwired RJ45 Ethernet RTL8111G 
  • 9-axis inertial navigation sensor with compass BNO055 
  • Secondary XMOS audio output with class-D power amp.
  • TTL serial debug and expansion serial ports up to 3.6Mbps
  • Real time clock & battery
  • JST style connectors on top and a 26-pin header for power & GPIO below. 
  • Runs on 5V. Typically 4-15 watts.
  • Legitimate licensed BIOS boots from SD, USB, or Ethernet. Linux comes preloaded... Yes, it'll run Win10 32 or 64.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,516 Views)

Assuming that your post is a question and not an advertisement, it will run LabVIEW, just not very comfortably. 2GB Ram is small, and with 16GB SSD, you will constantly be running into issues (e.g. With every windows update).

I would not recommend it as a development machine, but maybe as a semi-embedded device where you deploy a built LabVIEW app.

I've run apps on much less powerful atom processors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,482 Views)

Yes, sorry it is in fact a question, I am really interested in using raspberry pi but as a stand alone system without need of a pc to deploy to.  I was hoping that the atomic pi would be my answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,459 Views)

Yes, since it is capable to run full windows 10, you should be able to run any built LabVIEW application. Not sure how to deal with all the GPIO, though.

(This is definitely not true for the rPi, where you need linx)

In terms of relative performance for a pure computational application, you can look at my benchmarks.

A similar CPU is the x5-Z8500 and the single-core performance is comparable to a Pentium 4, but we have four cores, thus even beating some old Core 2 duo chips. In comparison, an old Atom N450 is 4-8 times slower, but still works. 😮

(On a side-note, my x5-Z8500 is a tiny Kangoroo that I got for $90 (incl. shipping) a few years back from the Microsoft store, including Windows 10. (This is less than a windows license!). You can still buy it for 3x more if you are willing to pay $3000 for shipping of a <1pound item from New Jersey 😮 I hope this is a misprint... Hilarious!

Kangaripoff.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,449 Views)