LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW on Apple Silicon M1 and beyond

Seems to work for me too with LabVIEW 2020 SP1. Only LabVIEW box checked as Chris said.

However no success installing LabVIEW Community - BSOD after reboot (Inaccessible Boot Device). Any idea ?

Rejean 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34
(2,989 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for sharing this useful information. Could you please help me to try installing DAQ assistances,and see if it is work? Lots of my NI project need these kind of tools,thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(2,967 Views)

I finally managed to get LabVIEW (2020 SP1) running on my new M1 Pro with Parallels 17 and Windows 10 ARM – after several tries resulting in an "Inaccessible Boot Device" error upon restart, the fix was simply to untick the "Disable Windows fast startup box". Hopefully this might be useful to others.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34
(2,307 Views)

@MC54 wrote:

I finally managed to get LabVIEW (2020 SP1) running on my new M1 Pro with Parallels 17 and Windows 10 ARM – after several tries resulting in an "Inaccessible Boot Device" error upon restart, the fix was simply to untick the "Disable Windows fast startup box". Hopefully this might be useful to others.

You know, that's interesting because NI recommends that you disable fast startup in BIOS for a physical PC.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34
(2,296 Views)

Just curious, what benefit do you get running LV inside a VM (Parallels) of Win10 on Mac (other than you don't have access to a Windows machine) than natively on MacOS?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(2,293 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

Just curious, what benefit do you get running LV inside a VM (Parallels) of Win10 on Mac (other than you don't have access to a Windows machine) than natively on MacOS?

I think the original issue was that it won't run on the latest Mac chip.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(2,283 Views)

@billko wrote:

@santo_13 wrote:

But it does as Chris pointed out, although it's not a simple point and click experience. More likely it was a license issue as pre 2021 you had separate licenses for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(2,255 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@billko wrote:

@santo_13 wrote:

But it does as Chris pointed out, although it's not a simple point and click experience. More likely it was a license issue as pre 2021 you had separate licenses for Windows, Mac and Linux.

I should check my verb tenses.  I should've said "didn't" run, instead, implying that it does run now.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34
(2,224 Views)

@santo_13  a écrit :

Actually the main reason is that I need to deploy VIs to Windows machines eventually. Since I cannot build them from the macOS LabVIEW version, I use Parallels.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34
(2,221 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

VMs are very handy for having different versions of LabVIEW installed separately. We're using VMWare in our team on Windows, Linux and Intel Macs, sharing the same virtual machines between us.

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34
(1,898 Views)