From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW not detecting DAQ USB6009

Thank you all for your replies! I just used the voltage signal to measure for voltage as voltage increases as force increase. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(528 Views)

Hi there community!

I would like to get the steady state graph by measuring voltage change from the strain gauge attached to a aluminium plate when propeller spins from 0 to the speed I set the brushless motor at. 

However my problem is that the X-axis of the graph is just until 1 second and overlaps as I use the continous sample. Despite changing the X-axis to say, 5s and un-check the auto scale, it will only display 1s of the readings and overlap after 1s. 

Any help in guiding me and helping me understand how to achieve the steady state graph from when the motor is not started and until the motor is on and turning to a certain set speed to get the steady state in within say, 10s would be really appreciated as I would need the steady state graph for PID control for my project.

Attached is how I set up my motor and strain gauge and the graph display i have.

Thank You! 🙏

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(518 Views)

Hi Annabelle,

my problem is that the X-axis of the graph is just until 1 second and overlaps as I use the continous sample. Despite changing the X-axis to say, 5s and un-check the auto scale, it will only display 1s of the readings and overlap after 1s. 

So you have a problem with your VI and all you attach is an image of your bench?

In general a graph only displays the data presently available in the wire connected to the graph. So when you want to collect measurement data for longer periods of time you need to collect the data on your own! (Or use the XYGraph ExpressVI…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(516 Views)

Annabelle,

I'm hoping most (all) of the VIs you are using are in a single folder (perhaps even in a LabVIEW Project).  Right-click the Folder, choose Send To, Compressed File, and attach the resulting .ZIP file so we can see your code and not waste your or our time.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(508 Views)

Sorry about that. The VI is attached below. This is what I have used so far, as I am not very familiar with Labview.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(503 Views)

Hi Annabelle,

This is what I have used so far,

Like I said: the graph is only displaying the data you wired to its terminal.

When you want to show collected data then you need to collect the data of several iterations…

Or use a chart!

as I am not very familiar with Labview.

You can:

- learn LabVIEW using the links presented in the header of the LabVIEW board

- learn LabVIEW using the example VIs in the example finder

There is an example explaining the differences of charts and graphs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(494 Views)