From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW load error code 3: Could not load front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi pakl78,

thank you for your reply,  a corrupt connector pane can cause the Error 3 : Cannot load front panel, when you attempt to open the VI. 

Use the ini token connPaneRecoveryMode=True only if you have a corrupt connector pane. 

The token is a recovery mode that can be turned on. Don't forget to close LabVIEW and remove the ini token (VERY IMPORTANT)

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 176
(3,667 Views)

I have encountered the same problem, too. I have tried editing the .ini file, but that did not fix my problem. Can someone please fix the attached .vi? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 176
(3,629 Views)

Hi

which LabVIEW version are you using? did you try it with LabVIEW 2011 SP1?

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 176
(3,611 Views)

I have the same issue but with a custom control. I don't think anyone else has mentioned having this exact issue in this discussion. I am wondering if LV2011 SP1 will resolve the issue. Downloading it now and will report back when I have more on this.

Obviously the few recovery steps described above for standard VIs that have a connector pane and a block diagram may not apply for custom controls that have neither of these two features.

What's bizzare is that the issue appeared today when I tried to build an executable using the very same build spec as yesterday. Yesterday it completed successfully. Today it failed with error 3 as the build process was unable to save the custom control (corrupted) which has its front panel missing! Labview can not open the custom control at all, but what makes no sense at all is that after recovering the custom control to a much earlier revision, labview can still not open it thinking that its front panel is missing.

Considering the fact that just yesterday none of these issues existed, and that today labview cannot even open a recovered file that should be just fine, indicates that perhaps the corruption is not in the file itself! but in the Labview installation.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 176
(3,583 Views)

Hi Freelance,

let me have a look at your custom control, please attach your file. While building your application you will need to take care of:

How Do I Build a LabVIEW Application that Uses Custom Controls?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 176
(3,571 Views)

Another one... 🙂

Please, send  to paulo.carmo@mcm-electronics.com

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 176
(3,548 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 176
(3,528 Views)

Hi again, here are my findings.

1. Recovering the control to a significantly older revision (yet exactly the same) worked. Of course not everyone uses source control so this "solution" may not be an option for many.

2. Upgrading LabVIEW to 2011 SP1 and installing the latest patches (to date) does not solve the problem!

3. The issue may be masked by ticking ALL options available in the Additional Exclusions category of the executable build specification, as well as ticking "enable debugging" in the Advanced category.

This issue has existed for quite a while now so the question still remains: What would be a final, definite, and complete solution to this problem?

NI should give it the attention that it requires. This issue makes "top five" in the most time consuming issues I've ever encountered, since it involved a lot of trial and error, updates, upgrades etc... of which nothing eliminated it.

You can find the typedef attached.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 176
(3,526 Views)

I have the same problem, first time it happens.

now labview when exiting gives  a warning which i have sent to NI.

if someone could resend me the VI i will greatly appreaciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 176
(3,449 Views)

hello RMathews,

please can you help me with my problem "load error code 3: Could not load front panel". i tried to install sp 1, but the vi doesn't work. i use LV 2011.

thanks to you

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 176
(3,434 Views)