From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW licens questions

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

First of all I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for this question, but I couldn't find a more suitable one..

My employer have some 'Professional Development System'-LV licences.

I use one of them and I think it's called 'Non-concurrent' which I understand as I may have LV installed on 3 different computers (for example home, work, and laptop) but only have one active at time.

Questions:

1. Employer uses Win7, I use Mac OS at home. Do the licens include LabVIEW no matter what OS or is it OS specific?

2. Employer uses a licence server which I cannot connect to from home. Is it okay to install LV at home by using the serial number connected to me?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ByDesign

I'm not sure what the exact rules are for the different OSes, so I'll defer on that question.

As far as the home license, you can get your administrator to make you a home license file.  You just have to supply your computer ID that is found in the NI License Manager.  You can then just install that license file and you are good to go for as long as the administrator gives you (usually tied somehow to the network license renewal).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,130 Views)
A LabVIEW license is os specific. A Windows license does not include a license for the Mac.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,124 Views)