LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW installs, but quickly shuts down when I open any VI

One of my students has installed and activated LabVIEW 8.2.1, student edition on a Centrino Duo laptop with 1GB of ram, with the system language as Korean.

LabVIEW opens and looks fine, but whenever any VI is opened (or a blank VI is created) usually within a few seconds LabVIEW shuts down with an error.

As best I can tell from the student's translation, it seems to be a general windows error, loosely translated "There is a problem in LabVIEW 8.2.1 Development system.  We have to shut down the program.  I am sorry for bothering you.  If you are doing some project, the information is gone.  If you want to send your opinion to Microsoft, you can write (this content is kept secret and unknown.)"

I would be greatful for any ideas on how to approach this issue.  The students has tried re-installing LabVIEW several times.

- MG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,498 Views)

After attempting a "repair" if you still have trouble,

try deleting the LabVIEW.ini (found in Program Files/Nationa..../LabVIEW8.2) file befoe restarting it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,489 Views)
Have you tried using those same disks to install on another computer - it's rare but not impossible to have a bad installation disk... Have you run all the usual virus, spyware scans to make sure the system is clean?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,468 Views)
Thanks, veterans.  We'll try these things and see if they will fix it.  I appreciate the help.  - MG
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,454 Views)