LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW installation with expired SSP

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW licenses for LV 8.0 to LV 2018, at which time I had a SSP membership. 

My membership has now expired, but I need to install LV 2018 (not SP1) on a laptop computer to allow compatibility with my existing VIs. It looks like NI will allow me to download only the versions released at the time of my valid SSP subscription, not any patches that were released after expiration of my SSP subscription.  

LV 2018 is no longer available, just LV 2018 SP1.  

Is there a way to get a LV 2018 download?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,334 Views)

Hello,

You can use all the LabVIEW versions that you paid for, so if LabVIEW 2018 was released after the expiration of your SSP, you cannot use it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,234 Views)

My subscription was active when LV2018 was released, but expired when LV2018 SP1 was released.

The problem is LV2018 is not available for download, and SP1 does not allow me to activate it.

Am I stuck using LV2017?

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,226 Views)

Hello,

If you had SSP when LV 2018 was released, then you should be able to download it. Please contact your local support and provide your serial number (do not post it on forums) and check what might be wrong. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,197 Views)

@NIRest wrote:

Hello,

If you had SSP when LV 2018 was released, then you should be able to download it...

This is my problem, LV 2018 is not available to download, only LV2018 SP1.

I will use LV 2017.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,180 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author metzler

This has always been a problem. I have about 7 licenses, some with service packs and some that expired before. I always saved the disks or it would have been a mess. It would be nice if you bought a version, you could get the service packs, but that is not the way it works. Service packs are considered "Upgrades". 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,166 Views)

Ernie,

Thanks for the understanding of the problem, and your comment.  

Obviously NI does not understand the problem, although I tried to explain it several times.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,154 Views)

@metzler wrote:

Ernie,

Thanks for the understanding of the problem, and your comment.  

Obviously NI does not understand the problem, although I tried to explain it several times.

It would seem that the NI representative that posted a few posts back exactly understood your problem and gave exact instructions on how to go about getting access to those downloads.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,125 Views)

Yes, I would think NIRest's response (message 4 of 😎 is the correct answer. Did you try contacting support already?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,090 Views)

I have had the same experience ... unable to reinstall Labview 2018 Pro.

Last year I tried to resolve this ... was left hanging on the phone ... left a message ... "An NI representative will return my call".

No call ... tried a number of times. Having a go again this year as my second PC, which was operating LV 2018 only w few weeks ago, has failed (power failure during lightening).

Anyway ... the net result is that I no longer can use a product which I have paid for ... had the SSP for 8 years until 2019 when it suddenly became too expensive.  

Don't leave me hanging NI ... I need to use LV and the additional report generation tool I was so used to using.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,838 Views)