LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW glean / mirror reprensentation of sine

Hello I am looking for a possibility to "mirror" my sine signal. I am not talking about the arcsine function because this is not defined for the total domain.

The Y-Axis has to be the Time-Axis and the X-Axis the amplitude.

I know that you can change the inputs of the "bundle cluster" function, but this is not what i need.

You could compare it with an oscilloscope in which e.g. the sine signal "moves" from the bottom to the top and not from the left to the right.

I added a fast paint picture.

Thank you very much!

Regards Gregor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,364 Views)

Please post your picture as a jpg or png of smaller size.

Since a vertical scrolling chart is still an idea the only way I know to do it is using an yx graph with the penalty of creating an additional array for the index.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,357 Views)

At first I want to thank you for your response.

It is not necessary to post the picture because the "still an idea"-link shows a better picture of what i am meaning.

I also tried using xy-graph but i am getting into trouble when I want to display a "moving" sine signal. How to feed the graph with time-values?

So LabVIEW 9 does still not offer this possibility?

They have to hurry  :smileysad:

Thank you.

PS: you can also answer in german.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,338 Views)

Since it might be of general interest and it doesn't seem that you have any problems understanding my english , i prefer to stay in English here if you don't mind 😉

Since I don't know what you tried , please post your code (at least the display stuff).

How much data (sampled data points) do you want to display?

What is your current update rate? 

What is the main information you want to show? (mean, ma, peaks, .....) 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 8
(3,328 Views)

Thanks again for your Reply!

I tell you in detail what i am trying to do:

LabVIEW ships an example called "Lissajous.vi". I want to create a Lissajous figure myself or modify the example.

In my vi I used express functions (sorry for that). I also tried to solve it with a function generator vi but i have problems with that.

Especially when I try to display a continuous vertical sine signal, which can vary in amplitude, frequency and phase.

I Lissajous figure displays the result of two functions which interfere with each other.

Lets take two sine signals with same frequency, amplitude and phase. The result is a line. If you now change the phase of one signal you can see how the Lissajous figure "moves". At 90° you see a circle and so on.

In my vi this only works with the "simulate signal" express-vi with the option "phase, start value and time stamp reset" enabled and "continous" disabled. If I change these options I get two "moving" sines which is great but the Lissajous figure first moves after I changed the phase, when I stop and restart the vi again.

So the two main problems in my VI are:

1. difference of phase with continous sine signals

2. vertical display of a (continous) sine siganl.

Have a look at my small, quick vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,307 Views)

Here is a version with some changes:

Update display only after a change

a version without express vis is shown

Your solution will need some kind of ring buffer to store the x,y,t values , see examples for ringbuffer. 

A nice math and programming task  is to change the phase continiously in the lissajou figure while changing the phase. Have fun 🙂

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 03-16-2010 11:33 AM
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,298 Views)

Thanks for the fast response.

As always i am using an older LabVIEW Version. Mine is 8.5.1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,293 Views)

xy lissa.png

using the sine wave.vi and ramp pattern vi from AAL base.....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,280 Views)