LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW freezing while VI is running

Solved!
Go to solution

I am not really sure this is the right place to post this, but I have run into a bit of a problem with a VI that I am making and I am pretty stuck. Basically the VI controls flow of a couple of gasses and their concentrations. When the VI runs for a long time, usually > 30 hours, it will just completely lock up. I checked Task Manager to see if there was any large memory or cpu usage, but everything seemed normal.

I attached the VI, and would be very appreciative if anyone could take a look and point out anything that looks funny.

System:

Windows 7

LabVIEW 2015

cDAQ-9174 with NI-9263 and NI-9205 modules

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,790 Views)

You are endlessly growing the waveforms near the top of the loop.  It looks like you are putting in a new sample every half second.  So 7200 per hour.  216,000 samples after 30 hours.  Maybe that's not too much, but it sure seems like a lot of data to be accumulating.

I'd recommending getting rid of the DAQ Assistant and use regular DAQmx functions like you used elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,768 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author slines

I am not seeing a reason to accumulate the data with the Build Array.  Just use the chart and it keeps a history for you.  If you want to see more data, either increase the number of samples it stores and/or use a Producer/Consumer to log the data in another loop and view the data later.

But that Build Array is definately your problem.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,735 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I made these changes and it seems to be working now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,632 Views)