LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW freezing when opening a new VI under My Computer target

Hey guys,

I have a strange problem. When I open a new or existing VI under the local computer target in a project, my LV freezes/stutters for 5-10 seconds and my CPU usage jumps to ~35%. This only happens with the local computer target. When opening or using VIs under an RT it works fine. The same project on different computers dont have this problem, only mine seems to have it.

I am using 2015 labview. My computer is identical (spec wise) to my colleagues whom has no issues at all. Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,112 Views)

Sounds like a PC issue (maybe you have 5% free space, a failing hard drive, who knows?).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,098 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure its a PC issue - my harddrive is an SSD and i have over 400gb free. It doesnt occur when creating a new VI under RT. I dont know how I could rectify this. I think it might be some sort of add-on for LV. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,088 Views)

OK, you may have ruled out Hardware.  That leaves Software or Really Bad Luck.  I believe you said that you didn't have this problem with other PCs running LabVIEW (2015, I presume).  Sounds like you should uninstall all versions of LabVIEW, reinstall (only) LabVIEW 2015, and (for goodness sake) resist all impulses to install updates for future versions of LabVIEW (i.e. 2016, 2017, or 2018).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,079 Views)