From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW example for Counting digital edges using NI USB 5133

I am trying to count the digital finite signal using a 5133 Oscilloscope but having troubles finding examples.  Could someone direct me to some if available?  Count Digital Events.vi was recommended for DAQ in this forum but not sure how to accomplish this for an Oscilloscope.  I tried finding white papers and tutorials but couldn't find what I needed.  Thanks for any feedback!

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,476 Views)

Could you tell us a little more about the signal you want to count edges on? For instance, how many samples do you need to collect, and at what rate?

If you are looking for a hardware based solution, I don't think the 5133 can offer one. However, this VI could be very helpful for doing edge detection in software (after your data has been collected from the scope):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Threshold-Detector-with-Hysteresis-vi/ta-p/3492427

Dale S.
RF Systems Engineer - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,432 Views)