From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW drivers for Newport 2010A tunable diode laser?

My group aquired a Newport 2010A tunable diode laser and failed to receive the labview drivers for remote control operation.  Does anyone have this software?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,328 Views)
Hello SteenatUVA,

At this time, National Instruments does not have a driver for that device.  You might want to try contacting the manufacturer of the device, they may have one.  Also, there is a great tutorial, Using the Instrument I/O Assistant to Aid in Creating LabVIEW Instrument Drivers, found here, that may be helpful.

Good luck with your application!

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,302 Views)

Actually I do have drivers for the EOSI Laser which is the same laser but from the time before Newport bought EOSI. However, I am missing the manual for the laser, so if you are still interested after all this time in the driver I can send it to you. Perhaps you could send me a photocopy of the manual in return?  Uli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,028 Views)

All,

Here is a link to a clean photocopy of the EOSI 2010 laser manual:

https://wiki.brown.edu/confluence/download/attachments/29406/Diode+Laser+Manual.pdf?version=1

You can also Google it using "EOSI 2010 laser" and find the maual in the link that says: "EOSI tunable laser diode systems and accessories are guaranteed for a period .... the 2010 laser diode. The first method is more sensitive but requires both .."  Good hunting.

Sincerely,

John Zehnpfennig

U-Michigan Optics Lab

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,985 Views)

Dear John, thank you very much, Uli

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,975 Views)

OK. this is a long time ago, but maybe you still are there ... I picked up an EOSI 2010A like yours about a month ago pre Newport stock too and I also have a manual ... I am looking to both obtain said driver as well as the wavelength, grating and range of this device [sn00266] parameters ... can you advise?  Thanks Grant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,220 Views)

Hi,

presently I am not at my home institution and I would need to ask a collegue to dig out the labview drivers. But I am sure we do have them somewhere. 

Concerning wavelength, grating etc.: Does this mean you do not have the specs sheet? It should be inserted in the manual. 

Cheers, Uli

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,216 Views)

Hi,

presently I am not at my home institution and I would need to ask a collegue to dig out the labview drivers. But I am sure we do have them somewhere. 

Concerning wavelength, grating etc.: Does this mean you do not have the specs sheet? It should be inserted in the manual. 

Cheers, Uli

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,216 Views)