LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW driver for DC load: 0x8507 Error (write single coil Access denied)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working on a LabVIEW driver Programm for a DC load device. But during the test with HW, I am always getting the 0x8507 Error (write single coil Access denied),when I tried to set the device into remote mode from LabVIEW. 

I have checked on the device display,

-'Allow remote control' is activated. 

-Window for configuring IP is also closed. 

Does anyone have an idea,  what could be wrong? Any suggestions? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,440 Views)

Judging by the error (write single coil Access denied) I am guessing your device uses Modbus. Are you sure you are writing the right coil? Some a read only some are read/write...

We are going to need to see your code and probably know what make and model DC load you are using to offer any real advice.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,397 Views)

Hello, 

sorry, I didn not get time to upload my code yet. Now you can find it in the attachment.

Actually I have just made some modification from the driver examples provided by the producer. My DC Load is EPS ELR 11000-80-HP.

The error comes in the step of writing 'set remote mode' . Unfortuanately I don't have the access permission to the code of the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,359 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wintersweet

Hey, I have solved the problem. I found out today, that my colleague has connected the cable in a wrong way. It should be connected via an ABCC-EIPT module, not directly in LAN. 

Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,335 Views)

@Wintersweet wrote:

Hey, I have solved the problem. I found out today, that my colleague has connected the cable in a wrong way. It should be connected via an ABCC-EIPT module, not directly in LAN. 

Thank you anyway.

Yikes!  Don't forget to mark your last post as the solution so other people can benefit from your knowledge.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,330 Views)

Done 😉

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,322 Views)