LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW does not allow me to drag many functions to the Block Diagram

So I've been trying to add some functions to my VI but LabVIEW does not allow me to drag it to the Block Diagram.

First I tried to drag the integrator function (belonging to the Continuous Linear System Palette) so on I figure out I can't add many functions belonging to the Control Design and Simulation Module. I still dont know if this issue repeats with other modules but it repeats for many palettes/functions.

I've also tried to close LB and try to add to a blank VI but no sucess.

Does some have any idea!?

I use LabVIEW 2016 32-bit with Control Design and Simulation Module installed and Windows 10 64-bit.

Tks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,833 Views)

Additional information:

When I try to run an example with integrator function it works! Even duplicate (copy and paste) the function LV allows me but LV does not allow me to copy it to another VI.

Weird?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,829 Views)

Why not attach a VI?  I've been dragging lots of functions from multiple Palettes (though not from Control and Simulation) without any problems.  Could this possibly be something that isn't activated?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,802 Views)

Bob_Schor escreveu:

Why not attach a VI?  I've been dragging lots of functions from multiple Palettes (though not from Control and Simulation) without any problems.  Could this possibly be something that isn't activated?

Bob Schor

I've no idea! I googled and didn't see any mension about that. I think isn't necessary to attach a VI because the issue happens even with a blank VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,782 Views)

You can check to see if it is activated by going to NI License Manager.  Search for the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module in the software tree on the left.

Once you find it, make note of the color of the box next to it.  Then go to Help >> Contents.  Navigate to here:

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.35.31 PM.png

To the right, find the box in the left hand column that matches the box you just looked at that is next to the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module.  For instance, a green box would indicate that:

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.37.49 PM.png

If you box isn't green, that may indicate that you need to activate the product.  You can follow these instructions on how to activate your product:

National Instruments Activation Wizard Walk-Through - http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11039/en/

If the box is green, that may indicate that you should try a repair reinstall of the product.  If this is the case, follow the instructions here on how to reinstall the software:

How Do I Uninstall or Repair National Instruments Software? - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AC6ED75D3D93375686256E8E00245F0D

Let us know how it goes!

--GHBIV

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,776 Views)