LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes every time a certain LVOOP project tries to close

I have a project in LV2015 that uses LVOOP. Every time I try to close the project, LabVIEW crashes hard. Are there any known issues around symptoms like this? Perhaps any project xml clean-up utilities that might help?

Thanks,

DaveT

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,130 Views)

I checked into the crash log files, and it looks like these crashes are due to the TSVN Toolkit that I recently installed. This makes sense, since a) the crashes started after that installation, b) the TSVN Toolkit mucks around in the project, and 3) any project that is subversioned crashes, not just the one LVOOP project I first notices. I'll try taking this up with the Toolkit creator.

www.originalcode.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,098 Views)

I've been using TSVN with LabVIEW for almost a decade, and (except when I first installed it) have never used anything other than "Vanilla TortoiseSVN" as my client -- no toolkits, no attempts to integrate it with LabVIEW, etc.  It has worked very well for me.  A few years ago, I wrote some code designed to run from a Project that would use the SVN tools to return (to LabVIEW) the Revision Number of the current Project, which I then used to update the Version Build component in the Project's Build Spec.  My idea was to make this a Pre-Build Action, but (naturally) NI decided that it should cache the Version Info before running the Pre-Build Action (and has stubbornly refused to fix this illogical "not-quite-Pre" Build "feature" -- fortunately, NI provides enough tools that I can do a Programmatic Build where I do my own "Pre-Build" action, set the Version Number in the Build Spec, then do the Build.

[Why am I rattling on like this?]  So my advice is do not despair if Add-On Tools to make using TSVN work with LabVIEW don't always work with all "features" of LabVIEW.  Vanilla TSVN works fine, and if you have a specific "need" to get it to do something special, you can "roll your own" and write LabVIEW routines that "do what I want".

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,062 Views)

Just a quick update on the resolution of this issue, for the record. The makers of the TSVN Toolkit acknowledged that this is a bug, and that they are unable to fix it. (To clarify, I'm talking about Viewpoint Solutions TSVN Toolkit, not TSVN itself.)

www.originalcode.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,039 Views)