LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW crashes after closing vi

Hi,

i have a problem, from time to time when i program, a VI will be corrupt.

As soon i close the vi, LabVIEW crashes. I have to start LV again, i can program this VI also run it, but as soon i close the VI again, LV crashes.

System:

W7 Pro

LV2013 + DSC+FPGA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,396 Views)

Probably the only thing we can get from that is: can you post F2.vi?

Or at least give some hints about what's going on in the VI. DLL's, .net or such? Anything might help...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,369 Views)

Looking at the call stack I actually found a bug report which seemed pretty similar. It had an attached VI which would open and run in 2013 but would crash when closed. The last ~20 calls of each call stack were identical so while it's not conclusive I'm pretty optimistic.

They found that if they copied the contents of the VI over to a new blank VI the old one would still crash but this new one would seem to work fine.

If you are reading/writing to shared variables or have FP items bound to PSP tags, it seems like something might be messed up with the PSP link although it wasn't clear how it got into this state in the first place (or really how to fix it). In the example I found, there were FP controls which were bound to PSP variables but the path was just blank (It doesn't seem possible to actually configure a FP item this way which is probably part of the issue here).

If this random shot in the dark didn't seem to hit the mark I would agree with wiebe@CARYA that we would need the VI.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 3 of 4
(2,337 Views)

Dear Matt,

I have done many tests with the VI after you mail.

After deleting a few FP elements the problem was solved.

But when i put some new FP elements or copy, the problem was there again.

At the end i copy all FP elements to a new VI, prepare the program.

Now it looks good, but how long?

I could not fined the real fault.

Attached the vi

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,301 Views)