From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW built DLLs as a plugin system for a LabVIEW executable

Hello all,

I'm working on a project where we are attempting to package stand alone modules of our code base into LabVIEW built DLLs that will be called from a LabVIEW executable when that portion of the code base needs to be shown to the user.  I've run into issues trying to get more than one LabVIEW built DLL (with a user interface) to show on the screen at a time.  I've attached a zip file with an example project that contains two "plugins" and a calling application.  I'm working in LabVIEW 2018 64 bit on Windows 7.  Please take a look and see if you can replicate my issues and provide any help!

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Build exe or dll in each project.

2.  Run executable.

3.  Start Test 1 plugin.

4.  Start Test 2 plugin, notice that Test 1 plugin disappears, and Test 2 plugin appears.

5.  Start Test 1 plugin again.  Test 1 plugin and Test 2 plugin should both be running now.

Why won't Test 1 plugin stay up when I start the Test 2 plugin?  Why does Test 1 plugin show after I start it the second time (in step 5)?

Thanks!

Chris Davis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,718 Views)