LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW at 20!

OK LVers,

As the actual birthday draws closer and to toll respect to the seriousness of the event I would like to bring the following information across to everybody. Please do help to spread the message too! I also heard rumors that Chris is capable to run each and every Mac LabVIEW version in parallel on one single modern Apple computer. These are versions 1.0 through 8.X.

For those attending NIWeek2006, fellow compatriot Chris Salzmann from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) will stage a session entitled ''LabVIEW and Mac OS X: State of the Union' . The session will be in the ''Software Development Techniques'' track with the following abstract:

Attend this session to learn how to access Mac OS X features using LabVIEW, including the command line, pipes, Script, and FrameWorks. Explore data acquisition options and specific LabVIEW for Mac extensions for image acquisition, database access, and math.  

Unfortunately I will neither be able to present at nor attend this year's NIWeek, the 20th birthday of LabVIEW. Nevertheless I do wish everybody an inspiring and rewarding stay in the hot Austin summer. It looks as if the LV-birthday will bring us much new technology and also continued Mac support. For the later you may occasionally check on the ''The MacVIEW'' at http://themacview.blogspot.com/

All my best to the worldwide LabVIEW community wireworking on all possible platforms

Urs

Urs Lauterburg
Physics demonstrator
Physikalisches Institut
University of Bern
Switzerland

PS: I started with LV 2.0 in 1990 and the coolest experience I had and still have is that I was able to wirework all the way through without being forced over to any non Apple-Macintosh platform. http://www.clab.unibe.ch/labview/

Message 141 of 176
(1,908 Views)
Can you please give more details and what type of data acquistion instruments you have
0 Kudos
Message 142 of 176
(1,868 Views)
Dear sdsu,

Are you asking me specifically? Well to get an idea about what sort of things we do with LabVIEW you may want to check a White Paper I wrote. OK, it's from a few years back but still holds up I think. See: http://www.clab.unibe.ch/labview/whitepaper/LV-PhysicsWPScreen.pdf

I started to use LabVIEW at version 2.0 in 1990 and am using LV for all sorts of educational applications in university level physics education.

Some more recent examples are found under: http://sine.ni.com/csol/cds/item/vw/p/id/599/nid/124100

Regards and happy wireworks

Urs

Urs Lauterburg
Physics demonstrator
Physikalisches Institut
University of Bern
Switzerland

0 Kudos
Message 143 of 176
(1,820 Views)
i wrote some program  to remove white space ,and the numbers in begining of line .but it does not work . the file (a )is originale and file (b) is after remove them.  i did it  manually. some one can help me with a sample
thank you
Diallo
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 144 of 176
(1,656 Views)

@diallo332@ wrote:
i wrote some program  to remove white space ,and the numbers in begining of line .but it does not work

Well, I would recommend to post your question as a new thread. It really has nothing to do with the 20th birthday of LabVIEW and is thus offtopic here.

This will also give you a chance to improive the question. It almost seems you want to remove

1. whitespace
  2. linebreaks
  3. the first number on each line (is it always the same number? Always the same number of digits?).
  4. what else? (e.g. other invisible characters such as tabs)

Why don't you attach your failed programming attempt?

Message Edited by altenbach on 08-13-2006 10:42 PM

Message 145 of 176
(1,653 Views)
Thank you for replaying me .
by the way i attached failed program to the mail.
I wanted to remove  white space and remove all the numbers and white spaces in begining of the lines  and writ it to the new file.
the file (a) is original and the (b) is after removed them manually.
the first number on each line is always the same number .
please  someone can help me with a sample.
Thank you
Diallo
0 Kudos
Message 146 of 176
(1,557 Views)
Thank you for replaying me .
by the way i attached failed program to the mail.
I wanted to remove  white space and remove all the numbers and white spaces in begining of the lines  and writ it to the new file.
the file (a) is original and the (b) is after removed them manually.
the first number on each line is always the same number .
please  someone can help me with a sample.
Thank you
Diallo
0 Kudos
Message 147 of 176
(1,540 Views)
Diallo, try the attached.  It is just a quick attempt and maybe not perfect, but it might illustrate how to do what you want to do.  It's in LV 7.1; hope that's okay.

It doesn't belong on this thread, though.  As suggested earlier, start a new thread with a question like this.  You'll get a response from the community.

Best regards,

--Scott
0 Kudos
Message 148 of 176
(1,537 Views)
Thank you for replying 
sorry  can you send me the file in LV.7
and than how can i make the message New thread
thank you
0 Kudos
Message 149 of 176
(1,539 Views)

Here it is in v7.

I've never started a thread so you'll have to explore.  I expect you'd start up at the top (click "NI Discussion Forums", do a search to be sure your question hasn't already been answered, and if not then click "new message" and take it from there.

--Scott

0 Kudos
Message 150 of 176
(1,533 Views)