LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and TestStand licencing

HI, 

I am using server license for labVIEW and Teststand.

whenever I try to open new instance of labVIEW  for the first time it getting too much time to open.

It is taking around 10 minutes every time.

Some time it is giving pop up that "There was a problem in sending data to program"

The same case is with Teststand whenever I try to open teststand work-space and try to run then he try to invoke labVIEW then immediately TestSTand is not responding.

What should I do ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,968 Views)

Hi Yeshwant_Birader,

This type of lag when trying to launch NI programs whose licenses are provided by a license server is typically due to connectivity problems with the license server. To confirm this, open NI license Manager. Depending on your version, you'll either want to go to "File >> Options" or select the "Network Licenses Tab". Then, either delete the server string from the box or uncheck the checkbox for "Use Volume License Servers". You can find more details with screenshots here. NOTE: If you are using the version that doesn't have the checkbox, forcing you to delete your server string, be sure to save back a copy of that string.

Once you've configured license manager to ignore the server, try to launch your software. If the lag is gone, you've confirmed the lag is due to network communication with the volume license server. At this point, follow the steps in this document.

For license server issues, you'll also want to reach out to your license server administrator (if it's not you) to confirm the server is up and you are granted proper permissions as well as perform any server-side debugging.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,887 Views)