LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW and NI-USB 6008 or 6001 INTERRUPT

Hello!

I have a problem about interrupt.

I am using NI-USB 6008 and 6001 and LabVIEW.

I really want to know that can I use INTERRUPT for the programs at LabVIEW?

For example, if I press an external button while executing my LabVIEW program, so it will run another task in the same LabVIEW program that previously not running because of waiting for my inteerupt.

It is like in Arduino: AttachInterrupt.

I really need interrupt, because if I use "If condition" in my program, it takes time for the device to respond after I press the external button.

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,954 Views)

Hi mifta,

I really need interrupt, because if I use "If condition" in my program, it takes time for the device to respond after I press the external button.

Both devices are USB-attached, so they will ALWAYS take time to execute any command (due to USB latencies)!

I don't think those cheap devices support any kind of interrupts (aka DAQmx events). Both USB6001/6008 only allow for static DIO so you need to read digital inputs in a "1 sample on demand" fashion. Usually those cheap USB devices can handle sample rates upto ~150Hz this way: so you get a (maximum) delay of ~6ms when handling DIO signals…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,924 Views)

Thanks a lot GerdW!

Do you have a suggestion as an alternative that close to INTERRUPT?

Why the cheap Arduino UNO easily have AttachInterrupt while NI USB 6000 series is not?

Thanks again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,908 Views)