LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW, Wii Remote & RCX

Hello.

I am trying to establish communication between a Wii Remote and an RCX via LabVIEW.

Using the VI's located here, i see the LED's flashing when pressing the buttons on my Wii Remote. But i can't find a way to send a signal from my Wii Remote (eg A button pressed), read it with LabVIEW and then use it for my project.

The fact that the LED's are flashing when running the Usage Buttons.vi means that i have successfully established a Bluetooth connection via my PC and my Wii Remote, all the buttons (and sensors) are working properly, everything is OK.

Any help much appreciated.

Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,420 Views)

Hi soom,

I'm not familiar with how an RCX works - I've never used one personally - but it sounds as if you're already at the point where you can use the button presses.  Perhaps I misunderstood what you're trying to accomplish, but if you see the buttons flashing in Usage Buttons.vi, then you're already getting that data in LabVIEW.  You should then be able to set up a case structure or event structure to enact some type of code based on the value of that boolean button (true for pressed, false for unpressed).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,399 Views)