From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Take a section of pixels and adjust display accordingly

Is there any way to section off an area of pixles and dedicate them to LabVIEW in a way that will make the computer behave as if it had a smaller resolution?

For example: If I have a 16:10 Aspect ratio monitor with 16N X 10N pixles, I'd like to take the bottom 16NXN Pixles, run my vi inside that area and tell windows to behave as if the screen is now a 16NX9N Display. While the mouse could move freely between the two sections, the Start Menu would sit above my .vi and any program/browser started by windows that went to Fullscreen mode would only take up the 16X9 aspect ratio.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,909 Views)

You're talking about altering the way that Windows does windows.  This is definitely the wrong forum for that.  I suggest you find out if it is even possible to do something like that, either by calling an EXE file or a DLL file or something similar, to activate that mode.  Once you have found out that it's possible, then come back here with your questions about doing it with Labview.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,884 Views)