LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Take a section of pixels and adjust display accordingly

Is there any way to section off an area of pixles and dedicate them to LabVIEW in a way that will make the computer behave as if it had a smaller resolution?

For example: If I have a 16:10 Aspect ratio monitor with 16N X 10N pixles, I'd like to take the bottom 16NXN Pixles, run my vi inside that area and tell windows to behave as if the screen is now a 16NX9N Display. While the mouse could move freely between the two sections, the Start Menu would sit above my .vi and any program/browser started by windows that went to Fullscreen mode would only take up the 16X9 aspect ratio.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,911 Views)

You're talking about altering the way that Windows does windows.  This is definitely the wrong forum for that.  I suggest you find out if it is even possible to do something like that, either by calling an EXE file or a DLL file or something similar, to activate that mode.  Once you have found out that it's possible, then come back here with your questions about doing it with Labview.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,886 Views)