From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Tab automation

Hi I am new to LabView and was wondering if there is a way to write you program so it will flip through the different tabs on the front panel every 10 sec or so.

I have plenty of graphs in different tabs on the front panel and would like the program to flip through the tabs every 10 sec.

I am using LabView 2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,601 Views)

Hi Sebastian,

surely you can do this: use local variables (or property nodes) of your tab…

When you are new to LabVIEW I suggest to take all those free learning resources offered for free by NI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,591 Views)

Setting the value of the TabControl (with local, terminal or value property) will set it's visible tab.

Do this in a while loop with a x sec. wait in it will switch them every x sec.

And since the tabcontrol is an enum, you can simply put it's value in a shift register and use "increment" (+1) every cycle. When you add 1 to the last value, it will wrap and the value will be 0.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,587 Views)

that is possible,

either directly using the tab as indicator, indirectly using a local variable (if you don't want to change to indicator), or via property-node setting the "Value" property.

see the attached vi.

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,578 Views)