From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW TCP IP read write between 5 PC

Hello All,

I am dealing with a application, where i want to establish the communication between 5 PCs for parallel reading and writing the data.

i have used NI example as template. I am struggling in parallel read write communication.

Problem i am facing...when executing the VIs in 2 Pc (first PC for TCP write and 2nd for read), and i want to do it for 5 pcs.

Note - My both VIs having tcp read and write configuration 

Here i have used 2 PCs,and problem i am facing is explained below.

1.   If i run the TCP write and after some time (Timeout elapsed) if i open the TCP read in other PC, then TCP connection time out message pops up and communication doesn't work , to resolve this i have to sync the execution timing manually for both the Vis, means, i execute one vi and immediately after, run the other VI, for smooth operation.

2. Some how unidirectional  write - read is working but other way creating the problem.

Example - Below working fine

PC1               ------------------------------------------------>      PC2

TCP write                                                                     TCP read

But when

PC1             < ---------------------------------------------------  PC2

TCP read                                                                    TCP write

It creating the problem. 

Scenario is like this

Out of 5 ......

1 pc is master and other 4 are slave...and master writes the data in all 4 slave pcs.using TCP write and slave TCP read

4 Slave PCs send their name to master, using TCP write and master read the data by tcp read..

For that i am doing the TCP write by incrementing the IPs like 192.168.1.100   ......+1.........

101

102    so on

I have attached my both VIs. Please help me find the issue, where i am doing wrong. Might have possible my design is wrong. 

Please let me know in case of any explanation required.

Many thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,832 Views)