LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW SMTP With mailgun

I'm trying to use LabVIEW's SMTP Email Palate To send an Email from my Vi to my Email. My Code Snippet looks like this:

Current Code With ErrorCurrent Code With Error

From What I can tell Via The Mailgun settings:

mgsettings.PNG

I've tried the same settings with GMAIL.vi as well and I ran into the same timeout error. What can I do to fix this process?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,817 Views)

You may want to look into the following help page, which describes the process for sending emails from a VI:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvhowto/send_email_from_vi/

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,767 Views)

Hey, I've looked into the page and have tried sending a test email without any luck. (Still getting a timeout error)

Capture.PNG

Could there be something else getting in the way?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Could you use a tool like Wireshark to capture the network communications between your computer and the server?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,731 Views)

@arteitle wrote:

Could you use a tool like Wireshark to capture the network communications between your computer and the server?

I've downloaded Wireshark, but I've never used it before. I'm able to capture data over the time I'm running my vi, but I don't see anything that looks like its going to mailgun or port 587

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,725 Views)

It's a complicated tool with a lot of features, but also can be a little tough to get it to do what you want at first. At a minimum we'd expect to see your computer trying to connect to the mail server on the configured port, even if the server didn't accept the connection or reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,720 Views)