LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Roadmap (2022)

As the 64bit RT has been released, I would be very interested whether they are planning to release a 64 bit version of NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT because that is the only reason we are not switching to Labview 64bit. 

Message 91 of 105
(3,083 Views)

ditto.

Message 92 of 105
(2,928 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@EricR wrote:

Starting a new thread with the attached PDF for LabVIEW Roadmap discussions. I'll point other threads over here for reference. NI created this view so that we could specifically share with all LabVIEW users. We agree that showing this in some way is a useful communication tool.

So now that LabVIEW 2022 Q3 is released, is there an updated roadmap?

It would probably be a good idea to just make a KB article that gets updated after each release.

Something that was pointed out to me today: If you go to the Test Workflow page, there is a Test Workflow Roadmap you can download.  The pdf is new (2022 Q3).  It's a step in the right direction.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 93 of 105
(2,827 Views)

Hello crossrulz,

I can not find the roadmap pdf on that page. Could you give a link please?

BR

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 105
(2,737 Views)

The link is next to 'Future Test Workflow Features' Headline.

https://www.ni.com/content/dam/web/pdfs/test-workflow-roadmap.pdf 

0 Kudos
Message 95 of 105
(2,723 Views)

I missed it my first time too. It's here:

BertMcMahan_0-1661442012249.png

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 105
(2,650 Views)

Perhaps the roadmap is only for visitors from USA ? 😁

On the localized page (de-de) there is no such link.

And I cannot go on the "us-US" page, it flips automatically back to "de-de"

ni_testflow_german.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 105
(2,581 Views)

Hallo Eugen,

you can select the website language/look in the lower left corner of the website footer: select "US" instead of "Germany"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 105
(2,577 Views)

@ImreSzebelledi wrote:

As the 64bit RT has been released, I would be very interested whether they are planning to release a 64 bit version of NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT because that is the only reason we are not switching to Labview 64bit. 

Yes, we are planning to release a 64-bit version of NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT. There isn't a committed release date yet, but we are aiming for early 2023.

Kayla Ashbaugh, Product Management

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 105
(2,418 Views)

@KaylaA wrote:

@ImreSzebelledi wrote:

Yes, we are planning to release a 64-bit version of NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT. There isn't a committed release date yet, but we are aiming for early 2023.

Kayla Ashbaugh, Product Management

That is really nice to hear and we are looking forward to try it! Thank you for letting us know!

0 Kudos
Message 100 of 105
(2,390 Views)