LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Roadmap 2022 Q3

Starting a new thread with an updated roadmap.

In Q1, NI published a LabVIEW roadmap, along with several other product roadmaps, to provide visibility into the ways we are continuing to invest in the products you are using. https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Roadmap-2022/td-p/4218319

I'm happy to announce NI has published the next iteration of those roadmaps.  I'm attaching a copy to this thread.  Additionally, here is a link that should also work: https://www.ni.com/content/dam/web/pdfs/test-workflow-roadmap.pdf

For this version of the roadmap, we changed the format to combine multiple products into the same document, and organized it by product.  This makes it easier to skim across different products but still easily see which items in the roadmap apply to which products.  We also introduced a more "interactive" way to provide feedback.  The roadmap itself has an attached survey so you can provide more explicit feedback on individual parts of the roadmap and how they impact you and also provide feedback on what other concepts we can share in future iterations of these roadmaps that would make it even more useful to you.

Finally, we provided a summary of the changes we made based on the feedback that users have already provided and we hosted this roadmap and links to the survey directly on both the Test Workflow product page, and the LabVIEW product page on ni.com.

We look forward to seeing your feedback and working with you to continue updating these roadmaps.

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
Message 1 of 68
(6,631 Views)

@EricR wrote:

We look forward to seeing your feedback and working with you to continue updating these roadmaps.

I am not excited about LabVIEW being rolled up into this test workflow paradigm at all. This roadmap has caused me to find the off-ramp because I really have no intention of being married to NI through the new SaaS shift. Me and my team have already started porting code and the new mantra is 'no new development with NI hardware or software'. 

Page error on the first link

EDIT: that's not a board for everyone!  Even I can't get there today! ( fixing that!) You need a shield to get there! Or, some cube approved by the 7th floor 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 68
(6,566 Views)

Jeff, Try that again.  It seems as though what the URL SAID it was for, and what the underlying href lookup was actually pointing to were out of sync.  I couldn't do that again even if I tried (and I've just spent 10 minutes trying).  I did in fact paste in the correct link, but the embedded URL was not pointing to the URL I was using for the copy/paste.

Message 4 of 68
(6,537 Views)

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the feedback.  We combined the roadmaps of multiple products together because people asked in the feedback to have a better way to see the roadmaps together but to understand which parts of the roadmap applied to which products.  Sorry that you weren't a fan of that view.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 68
(6,529 Views)

@EricR wrote:

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the feedback.  We combined the roadmaps of multiple products together because people asked in the feedback to have a better way to see the roadmaps together but to understand which parts of the roadmap applied to which products.  Sorry that you weren't a fan of that view.

Sorry I was not clear, the thing that I am not happy about is making LabVIEW SaaS, not the format of the PDF. 

I am working with companies right now that are actively making their own road maps to not use NI and LabVIEW based on NI making LabVIEW SaaS. 

@EricR wrote:

Jeff, Try that again.  It seems as though what the URL SAID it was for, and what the underlying href lookup was actually pointing to were out of sync.  I couldn't do that again even if I tried (and I've just spent 10 minutes trying).  I did in fact paste in the correct link, but the embedded URL was not pointing to the URL I was using for the copy/paste.

That works now.  And I go by "J" these days.  I hope JÞB "Jay Thornby" has captured most of the forums imagination.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 68
(6,402 Views)

Can I clarify that "Support for MacOS on Apple M1 devices" should actually be "Support for MacOS on Apple Silicon devices"?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 68
(6,232 Views)

It's not the view, it's the content.

"I don't know" is a valid and respectable answer.
Message 9 of 68
(6,165 Views)

@Jay14159265 wrote:

I am not excited about LabVIEW being rolled up into this test workflow paradigm at all.

I'd be interested in a customer spotlight that shows someone using the Test Workflow components in the real world. I understand why NI wants to sell Test Workflow, but I cannot imagine any customer using even half the stuff in that bundle. Generously, I assume there must be another industry out there that operates differently than what I'm familiar with.

Message 10 of 68
(5,927 Views)