LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW OPC UA Client with Kepware Server

Hello,

I am using "OPC UA API" to develop my Client  that is connecting to the Kepware Server.

I can connect to the server, Read The Tags but cannot write although the Tags are in Read/Write Mode.

Is anyone please here familiar with Communicating with the Kepware Server to help me with hints?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,144 Views)

Did you ever resolved this?

I am getting somewhat of a similar issue where I can't write to Kepware tags

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,965 Views)

If you are using the OPC UA Toolkit the Write function returns the results as an array of clusters where each element has a status enum and also returns a single service status enum. Are any of those values not just "Good"?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,960 Views)

From discussion with Kepware support, the KEPserverEX doesn't support OPC UA tag creation within the kepware server which end up in an Bad quality for the tag status for every tag created, which is a little misleading when looking at their documentation and the interface itself that let you set the OPC UA as the server interface an let you create tags. We can't find a solution/workaround for at the moment.

The Kepware quick client is OPC DA so that doesn't help much. 

When running with Kepware, it looks like the NI custom device need to be the OPC UA server and the Kepware run simply as the client, where you can import the tags from the NI OPC UA server.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,958 Views)