LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Not Installing

Hi,

 

I've:

Downloaded NI Package Manager > Clicked Browse Products > Clicked Programming Environments > Clicked LabVIEW and Drivers > Selected 2019, 64-bit and English > Clicked Install. I then leave the following (default) ticked: LabVIEW, NI-DAQmx, NI-488.2, NI-VISA and PXI Platform Services and deselect all additional packages. After accepting license agreements and reviewing the summary, upon installation, I get the following error message:

 

"There was a problem executing your request.

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-ssp-notifier (19.0.0.49152-0+f0)

Please check your internet connection and try again." proceeded by a "Try again" button.

 

My internet connection is working fine.

 

I've done the following:

- Tried again by clicking the try again button with no success.

- I then uninstalled all NI related files through the NI Package Manager and attempted to reinstall with LabVIEW with no success.

- I then uninstalled all NI related files through the NI Package Manager and also uninstalled NI Package Manager and reinstalled with no success. 

 

Please help.

 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(985 Views)

@dalinaq6 wrote:

Hi,

 

I've:

Downloaded NI Package Manager > Clicked Browse Products > Clicked Programming Environments > Clicked LabVIEW and Drivers > Selected 2019, 64-bit and English > Clicked Install. I then leave the following (default) ticked: LabVIEW, NI-DAQmx, NI-488.2, NI-VISA and PXI Platform Services and deselect all additional packages. 


The Error Message is just plain wrong -- it should say "NIPM Failed to Install Something due to an Unknown Flaw".  The following will probably work:

  1. Download and install NIPM.  I recommend (if you can find it) installing only NIPM 2019.
  2. Start NIPM.  Choose LabVIEW 2019, 64-bit, English.
  3. Turn off everything else.  No other Modules/Toolkits, no Drivers, no Additional Packages.  NIPM will ignore (some of your) selections, but you do want to install the smallest set of packages that you can.
  4. If an Error (such as you saw) occurs, don't bother to "Try Again", but instead "Cancel".  When it next asks if you want to continue installing or to quit, select "Continue" (I forget how this is worded).  Repeat as needed until installation finishes.
  5. Activate and Reboot.
  6. NIPM is now installed and can be found under the National Instruments folder in the Start Menu.  Open it again.  Install any Modules/Toolkits you need (if you have many of them, I recommend not trying to do it "all at once").  Again, do not install any Drivers.  When you get to the Additional Items section, select any that seem relevant for what is already installed.  Repeat Steps 4 and 5.
  7. Repeat Step 6 until all Modules/Toolkits are installed.
  8. Now install Drivers using the same algorithms in Step 6, i.e. a few at a time, and with relevant Additional Items, using Steps 4 and 5.
  9. When everything is done and it all works, say a hearty "Thank you" to the NI Application Engineers who worked with me for about 4 months to help me get LabVIEW 2019 installed on two systems having LabVIEW 2016, 2017, and 2018 installed.  It's a long, frustrating story ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(910 Views)

Hi Bob,

 

Thank you for your detailed reply.

 

As I'm installing LabVIEW 2019, a pop up window asks if I want to be notified of updates. I have tried selecting both "yes" and "no" however the same error message has appeared in both scenarios. I then have two options at this stage; (1) "Try again" OR (2) click the 'x' button. I of course then click the 'x' button however it doesn't ask me if I want to continue installing or quit as you mentioned. It just brings me back to the screen where I go to install LabVIEW. 

 

I have attached screenshots of both messages, hopefully you are able to view them.

 

Thanks,

Dalina

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(885 Views)

Sigh -- just when you think you've figured out how to "peacefully co-exist" with NIPM, it throws you a curve.

 

What I would do would be to exit NIPM, reboot, and see if NI Update Service is installed (by going to the Start Menu, look under National Instruments, and see if NI Update Service is in the list).  If it is, you're done.  If it is not, go to the Web and search for NI Update Service Download -- you can find a Download for NI Update Service 19.0.

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(870 Views)

 

NI Update Service is installed and I updated however getting the following message:NI Update Service Window.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm still getting the same error when trying to install LabVIEW 2019:

LabVIEW Error 07-10-2019.PNG

 

 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(847 Views)

I have tried this, and I still cannot get LabView to download.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times as well, and I still get the error.  Sometimes the error pops up almost immediately.  Other times it will go through over half of the installation before it pops up.  Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(728 Views)

For what it is worth, having installed LabVIEW on multiple machines, multiple versions (starting with LabVIEW 7.0) over multiple years, with the exception of LabVIEW 2011, I've not had a serious problem with a LabVIEW Installation until the release of LabVIEW 2019.  While I was able to install a "Test" version on a stand-alone VM, it took me about 4 months (!), working closely with NI Support, to get a stable installation of LabVIEW 2019 "co-existing" with LabVIEW 2016 and 2018 on my Windows 10 (x64) machines.

 

Here is a summary of what I'm pretty sure will work for a single-version (i.e. no other LabVIEW version except for LabVIEW 2019) installation:

  • Start with a system that has had all NI Software uninstalled using Control Panel "Programs and Feature".  If LabVIEW is present, this generally involves three steps:
    • Uninstall all NI Software.  This brings up NIPM.  Select everything (but notice NIPM cannot be selected) and remove.  You may need to do this twice.  Be sure to look for hidden options.
    • I don't remember quite how the next step shows up, but when the only thing left is NIPM, you can use it to remove itself.  Go ahead.
    • Sometimes after this "last step", some "orphan" routines will reveal themselves and ask if you want to remove them.  The answer is "Yes".
  • Once I'm sure all the NI Software is uninstalled, I usually remove the NI folders from Program Files, Program Files (x86), and Program Data (a hidden file).
  • Go on the Web and download the latest NI Installer, which should involve installing the latest version of NIPM (currently 19.5.1).
  • Use NIPM to start installing LabVIEW 2019.  I recommend installing 32-bit (the default is to install 64-bit, so be careful!).  You will do this in small steps ...
    • First, install just LabVIEW (though it is safe to include VIPM).  Turn off the installation of any Handlers (you'll probably get some anyway, why would NIPM do what we ask it to do, right?).  As for the Add-Ons, I recommend turning them all off, then looking carefully at each one and only including it if it seems appropriate at this stage of the installation.  Reboot.
    • Next, install additional Toolkits and Modules, again one at a time, without Drivers.  Be careful with Add-ons, only if relevant.  Reboot.
    • Finally, add any additional Drivers you'll need.  Here you will probably need some Add-ons.
    • If at any time you get an error, especially one saying "Check your Internet connection", don't "Try Again", but Cancel, then Continue with the rest of the installation.  With luck, the Update Service will fix it.  Do make a note of the Error Message, as it might be a Useful Clue (but probably not).

Whew.  But this worked (finally!) for me.

 

Bob Schor

 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(694 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

For what it is worth, having installed LabVIEW on multiple machines, multiple versions (starting with LabVIEW 7.0) over multiple years, with the exception of LabVIEW 2011, I've not had a serious problem with a LabVIEW Installation until the release of LabVIEW 2019.  While I was able to install a "Test" version on a stand-alone VM, it took me about 4 months (!), working closely with NI Support, to get a stable installation of LabVIEW 2019 "co-existing" with LabVIEW 2016 and 2018 on my Windows 10 (x64) machines.

 

Here is a summary of what I'm pretty sure will work for a single-version (i.e. no other LabVIEW version except for LabVIEW 2019) installation:

  • Start with a system that has had all NI Software uninstalled using Control Panel "Programs and Feature".  If LabVIEW is present, this generally involves three steps:
    • Uninstall all NI Software.  This brings up NIPM.  Select everything (but notice NIPM cannot be selected) and remove.  You may need to do this twice.  Be sure to look for hidden options.
    • I don't remember quite how the next step shows up, but when the only thing left is NIPM, you can use it to remove itself.  Go ahead.
    • Sometimes after this "last step", some "orphan" routines will reveal themselves and ask if you want to remove them.  The answer is "Yes".
  • Once I'm sure all the NI Software is uninstalled, I usually remove the NI folders from Program Files, Program Files (x86), and Program Data (a hidden file).
  • Go on the Web and download the latest NI Installer, which should involve installing the latest version of NIPM (currently 19.5.1).
  • Use NIPM to start installing LabVIEW 2019.  I recommend installing 32-bit (the default is to install 64-bit, so be careful!).  You will do this in small steps ...
    • First, install just LabVIEW (though it is safe to include VIPM).  Turn off the installation of any Handlers (you'll probably get some anyway, why would NIPM do what we ask it to do, right?).  As for the Add-Ons, I recommend turning them all off, then looking carefully at each one and only including it if it seems appropriate at this stage of the installation.  Reboot.
    • Next, install additional Toolkits and Modules, again one at a time, without Drivers.  Be careful with Add-ons, only if relevant.  Reboot.
    • Finally, add any additional Drivers you'll need.  Here you will probably need some Add-ons.
    • If at any time you get an error, especially one saying "Check your Internet connection", don't "Try Again", but Cancel, then Continue with the rest of the installation.  With luck, the Update Service will fix it.  Do make a note of the Error Message, as it might be a Useful Clue (but probably not).

Whew.  But this worked (finally!) for me.

 

Bob Schor

 


I remember you having difficulties with LV 2017 also.  But I guess the LV 2019 install woes made you so jaded that the LV 2017 install troubles now seem trivial.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(683 Views)

@billko wrote:

I remember you having difficulties with LV 2017 also.  But I guess the LV 2019 install woes made you so jaded that the LV 2017 install troubles now seem trivial.  😉

Right.  Buy me a glass of wine sometime and I'll tell you a story of my stupidity (since rectified) ...  This one isn't my fault ...

 

BS

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(672 Views)

But it wasn't really your fault because you were grappling with the new way that LV installed itself... I'd say you were pretty much a guinea pig on that one.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(667 Views)