LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG Crash at NI User Account

When I try to start LabVIEW NXG 3.1, it loads for a while, and then an NI User Account window pops up.  But then, the window gets blurry (weird) and then I get a dialog box that says LabVIEW NXG has stopped working.  Any idea what might be wrong?  This was working yesterday and I've restarted my computer a few times now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,059 Views)

Hi pulidotech,

A couple thoughts:

• Is there a crash log generated?
  • Are you able to activate LabVIEW NXG from NI License Manager and avoid the login pop-up altogether?

Thanks,
Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,984 Views)

I don't think a crash log is generated.  Is that like the pop up box that asks if I want to send information on the crash to NI?  If so, there isn't a popup like that.  What's on my attached picture is what's on my screen, and then all of that stuff disappears.

I checked NI License manager and it said everything was activated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,972 Views)

OK, thanks for checking. Are there any logs in the below directory (or similar)? 

C:\Users\lvadmin\AppData\Local\National Instruments\LabVIEW NXG 3.0\ErrorReports

Was there any particular events that corresponded to the crash on launch beginning? Eg, installing new add-ons, upgrades, Windows updates, etc?

An uninstall/reinstall might be the fastest way to get back to a working state. 

Thanks,

Frank

Message 4 of 5
(1,959 Views)

There are logs in that directory, but they're all dated from the summer (when I had installed NXG).

I don't know of any events that occurred prior to this crash, but it's possible that an update to my computer happened in the background.  I hadn't installed anything new into the computer.

I uninstalled/reinstalled and I don't see this problem any more, so I guess it's fixed.  Weird.

Message 5 of 5
(1,940 Views)