LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG 4.0 crashed with using the latest database toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

I have LabVIEW 2019 SP1 Professional (64-bit) and NXG 4.0 installed. Every time, in the NXG, I tried open the examples with the database toolkit API, or put a database API icon (e.g. open connection) onto a diagram, NXG crashed and quit immediately without any error message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled LabVIEW 2019 and NXG 4.0, the problem persisted.

I have the database toolkits installed for both LabVIEW 2018 (32-bit) and 2019 (64-bit). They works fine.

My system is Windows 10 Pro (ver 10.0.17763).

Does anyone have a clue on what the problem could be? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,412 Views)

Does LabVIEW NXG Support Database Connectivity Toolkit?  (Short answer: No, it doesn't.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,404 Views)

The latest released NXG 4.0 announced database connectivity toolkit API and support.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Announcing-LabVIEW-NXG-4-0-and-LabVIEW-2019-SP1/td-p/3984709?profil...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,376 Views)

Oh, I stopped at "toolkit" in your first post - I didn't realize that NXG 4.0 contained a self-contained database API and you tried that, also.  My apologies.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,366 Views)

Hi crxx, my NXG 4.0 doesn't show such problem.

I can put database API onto diagram and open ACCDB example with no crash.

LabVIEW NXG 4.0.0 (Build 7.1.0.50148)

Windows 10 Enterprise

Was any Windows event log stored?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,363 Views)

Hi Emboar and Bill,

Thanks for your quick responses.

For every time the crash, Windows event viewer shows me an MSSQLSERVER 17137 event, says: Starting up database 'ReportServerTempDB'.

I also located the error reports from LabVIEW NXG 4.0, every time, it says: 

ErrorId: 0x6AD7DF6F
Error message:
attempt to write a readonly database
attempt to write a readonly database
Exception:
SQLiteException
Suggestion:
Contact National Instruments to report this error
Stack trace:
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
at NationalInstruments.Restricted.SourceModel.Persistence.UserSettingsDatabase.UpdateTableAsync(SQLiteCommand command, Boolean synchronous, SQLiteParameter[] parameters)
at NationalInstruments.Restricted.SourceModel.Persistence.UserSettingsDatabase.UpdateTableAsync(SQLiteConnection connection, String commandText, Boolean synchronous, SQLiteParameter[] parameters)
at NationalInstruments.Restricted.SourceModel.Persistence.UserSettingsDatabase.RemoveUserSettingsDefinitionAsync(ContentId envoyId, Boolean synchronous)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Persistence.UserSettingsSerializer.RemoveUserSettingsManager(ContentId id)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Persistence.UserSettingsSerializer.InflateUserSettingsManager(Envoy envoy)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.UserSettingsManagerFactory.UserSettingsManagerService.OnAttached(Envoy associatedEnvoy)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.AttachService(EnvoyService service)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.AddServiceCore[T](ActiveServiceInfoList`1 serviceList, Func`3 createService, BindToServiceResult bindResult, IEnvoyServiceMetadataView metadata)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.PrepServices[T](ActiveServiceInfoList`1 serviceList)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.ServiceListCreator`1.CreateServiceList(ServiceTypeKey key)
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.GetServices[T]()
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.QueryService[T]()
at NationalInstruments.Restricted.SourceModel.Envoys.DefinitionReference.QueryService[T]()
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.UserSettingsExtensions.GetUserSettingsManager(Element element)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.BasicCacheService.EnsureUserSettingsManagerIsCached()
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.BasicCacheService.TryMaintainPersistedCache(Envoy associatedEnvoy)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.BasicCacheService.RebuildCacheFromLoadedModel(Envoy associatedEnvoy)
at NationalInstruments.Restricted.SourceModel.Envoys.EnvoyManagerCacheService.OnModelLoaded(Envoy associatedEnvoy)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.EnvoyService.ModelLoaded(Envoy envoy)
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.SignalEnvoyServicesThatModelWasLoadedIfNecessary()
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.Envoys.Envoy.<>c__DisplayClass275_0.<ExecuteWhenIdleAsync>b__0()
at NationalInstruments.SourceModel.TransactionManager.<ExecuteWhenIdleAsync>d__283.MoveNext()

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,231 Views)

I'm sorry, I'm not very familiar with NXG.  😞  I'm guessing that the "cannot write to a read only database" error is not the real error; rather, something caused NXG to think that's what happened.  Wish I knew more.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,225 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author crxx

Hi crxx,

Sorry for the trouble. We have observed this crash happening on only some machines. Could you please try the below workaround of updating a registry value, and see if the issue goes away? We will be updating the known issues list for LabVIEW NXG 4.0 and LabVIEW NXG 5.0 with the workaround soon.

Workaround:

Set the 'Default' value to empty string for this key in Windows Registry: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{51C0003F-0741-4D1A-A612-891EB6928B5B}\1.0\0\win64

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming NXG release, and the workaround will not be necessary at that time.

Sujay Narayana
Principal Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,787 Views)

Hi Sujay,

I moved to NXG 5.0 some days ago and tried to test if the issue was gone. At that time, NXG 5.0 crashed for the same reason.

After I read your message, I check the registry and found the default key value is empty, at least when I checked it. So, I re-run the NXG 5.0 and the database toolkit works.

Thanks for the response and the solution.

Message 9 of 9
(2,725 Views)