LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG 2.0 Support NI ELVIS II+ Hardware?

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem when I used NI ELVIS II+ hardware in LabVIEW NXG 2.0, SystemDesigner in LabVIEW NXG doesn't detect NI ELVIS II+ hardware. When I choose "add hardware" in SystemDesigner, there is missing SystemDesigner Support for NI ELVIS II+ (in picture 1). after that, I do action to click "Install Support" and move to NI Package Manager. Search result in NI Package Manager is showing picture 2. there are the code to search SystemDesigner Support but can't be found. I don't know how to get NI ELVIS II+ to connect with LabVIEW NXG.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,323 Views)

Hi Febiawan,

LabVIEW-NXG2.0 is outdated, we are at 5.0 today.

And NXG in general is already told to "end of life" next year with last version 5.1, so you better switch to "classic" LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,320 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I plan to use NI ELVIS II+ which can be controlled remotely using the web. So, NXG is a software that can support my plan where can make VI in the web. but, there was a problem when I connected NI ELVIS II+ with LabVIEW NXG. is there any other way that my plan can work properly? 

I need references to work on my plan.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,271 Views)

Hi Febiawan,

So, NXG is a software that can support my plan where can make VI in the web. but, there was a problem when I connected NI ELVIS II+ with LabVIEW NXG.

With the LabVIEW NXG Web Module you are able to develop WebVIs which are web applications that run in the browser. However, WebVIs are not able to communicate directly with hardware. One option to enable communication between a WebVI and hardware is to create a LabVIEW application that communicates with the hardware and shares the data with a LabVIEW NXG WebVI.

Two examples that show communication between LabVIEW and a WebVI are the Call SystemLink Data Services example and the Call LabVIEW Web Service example.

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,250 Views)

Hi MilanR,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm very helped by the information you described. even though I've never done that before. hopefully this can help me to work on my plan. I'm very grateful for the example you gave me.

Febiawan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,228 Views)